• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Could NFL Free Agency be next. The Niners have already suspended operations at the SAP Performance Center

JO_75

Hall of Famer
i dont really get why free agency would be postponed given that it doesnt actually have to involve any physical contact or anyone even being in the same room...

That's what I was thinking, it's the mass panic the media wants everyone to be doing. It all gets done during the tampering period for the most part. You don't need to be there in person to do visits anymore. Just pull up Facetime on your phone, stream from a computer, etc. Free Agency should not be delayed since it's mostly phone negotiations.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's what I was thinking, it's the mass panic the media wants everyone to be doing. It all gets done during the tampering period for the most part. You don't need to be there in person to do visits anymore. Just pull up Facetime on your phone, stream from a computer, etc. Free Agency should not be delayed since it's mostly phone negotiations.

um - not sure where you're getting off on mass panic being caused by the media when there's a global pandemic going on...

my guess is if it's delayed it's for financial reasons related to the NFL wanting to be a full year-round entertainment but they lose a major tentpole event of the offseason if it's not covered with the ferocity it would have in any other situation

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Could NFL Free Agency be next. The Niners have already suspended operations at the SAP Performance Center

Golf now too... I just hope the NFL Draft don't get pushed back. Not because fans should be involved, but because I'm tired of all the what ifs and media speculation by April. I don't think I could handle two more months or more of draft speculation.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
anecdotally i think this is going to cause some rifts in the locker room and you're going to see top players take absolutely no shit from owners after this - its bad for the NFL right now that the vast majority of marquee players are upset with the deal - this deal past because it gave an immediate raise to those at the bottom of the depth chart but the players who make the league the most bucks are unhappy generally with the deal

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Players vote through the CBA but by a tiny margin of 60 votes - half the league is not going to be happy
and more to the point most ex-players are going to be livid because of the loss of disability benefits - a massive reduction in post-career help
I think the reduction in disability was the worst part of this deal. I don't know how the league even considered that, let alone the players voting for it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
They should have never voted yes for it, especially with reduced benefits for former players. Absolutley terrible, and maybe what's going on with the virus played a part into it and scared players into saying yes. Players Union once again got hosed by the Owners, Owners keep wiping the floor with the NFLPA in these deals.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Tom Brady & Mike Vrabel aren't reuniting anytime soon. One less destination for TB12, and makes my prediction wrong as I thought he was going to sign with the Titans. Now I'm thinking Raiders who are listening to offers for Carr, Chargers or he just re-signs with the Pats.

Adam Schefter
1 hr ·
Titans and Ryan Tannehill are now on the verge of a new multi-year extension that would prevent Tennessee from using its franchise tag on the quarterback and keep him as the team’s starter moving forward, per sources.‬

Edit: Rap Sheet has the contract details.

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Players vote through the CBA but by a tiny margin of 60 votes - half the league is not going to be happy
and more to the point most ex-players are going to be livid because of the loss of disability benefits - a massive reduction in post-career help

I thought the benefits were supposed to be better for the retired players. This is a surprise.