• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Cardinals acquired WR DeAndre Hopkins and a fourth-round pick from the Texans in exchange for RB David Johnson and a second-round pick.
Staggering, stupefying. Bill O'Brien's foolish loss is the Cardinals' immense gain. Hopkins had a "down" 2019 as he caught "only" 104 balls for 1,165 yards and seven touchdowns, but there was quite literally zero evidence he had lost a step. The best body control receiver in the entire NFL still does not turn 28 until June. It's a grievous misstep for Houston and gift of a lifetime for Kyler Murray, who lacked consistent weapons as a rookie. As was the case with Hopkins and Deshaun Watson, he should work beautifully with Murray when the sophomore is outside the pocket. Murray also has the cannon necessary to find Hopkins down the sideline from the pocket. Even with the change of scenery, Hopkins remains a locked-in, top-three WR1. Bill O'Brien, call your attorney.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hopkins ONLY had 104 catches. I don't know how he is still in the league. Trade him for Toilet Paper and it's a win.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
At first I read that as Hopkins for Johnson, a 2nd and a 4th, and my first thought was that the Texans were getting fleeced in a way even EDC would be proud of.

Then I read the terms of the trade again....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
how the blank does Ereck "Train Wreck" Flowers sign a 3 / 30m 19.5m guaranteed contract.......Dolphins

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
hurst trade saves us 3m

Atlanta has the 47th pick in the 2nd round.
So here's my strategy for EDC. First trade Hurst to the Falcons for their pick #47. Then trade away that 2nd round pick (where we suck phenomenally) for 4- 5th round picks. Then take those 4 - 5th round picks and trade for 2 studs on the D line and 2 studs on offense. Problem solved. Thank you Hurst.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
NFL Network's Michael Giardi reports the Bucs have made their Tom Brady intentions "loud and clear."
This is the growing chorus from all corners of the media world. The Bucs have put out an APB that they want the Patriots' franchise player. Meanwhile, there has been radio silence from New England. ESPN's Chris Mortensen has reported that the Chargers are interested and hinted at the possibility of potential mystery teams.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Browns signed RT Jack Conklin, formerly of the Titans, to a three-year, $42 million contract.