• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think the pension is better maybe but they've slashed the monthly disability payouts to disabled players

Yeah it probally is the pension. I've said before the NFLPA representation is horrible and yet they voted the same guy in. Also 500 players not voting. All you can do is shake your head at that.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yeah it probally is the pension. I've said before the NFLPA representation is horrible and yet they voted the same guy in. Also 500 players not voting. All you can do is shake your head at that.

I wonder how many of the 500 were against it but did nothing to vote against it. They seriously need to get rid of that goon DeMaurice Smith and find someone else to run the NFLPA.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Did someone not tell these teams we are supposed to be freaking out buying up all the toilet paper not re-signing players?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wonder how many of the 500 were against it but did nothing to vote against it. They seriously need to get rid of that goon DeMaurice Smith and find someone else to run the NFLPA.
I just can't believe he was still running the NFLPA after the major fu the last time.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I know this is a Basketball related tweet but it seems the NFL may have to move the Draft. Though I know they want the fans and the nice pictures of Burrow holding up a Bengals jersey, but they could just run it in a smaller arena with only a small amount of TV network people in order to broadcast it. They have cameras installed in the "War Rooms" every year so truthfully the NFL can go on with the draft but just no fans.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know this is a Basketball related tweet but it seems the NFL may have to move the Draft. Though I know they want the fans and the nice pictures of Burrow holding up a Bengals jersey, but they could just run it in a smaller arena with only a small amount of TV network people in order to broadcast it. They have cameras installed in the "War Rooms" every year so truthfully the NFL can go on with the draft but just no fans.

i mean even that might be a struggle - to broadcast you have to have a lot of people in one space and those war rooms are normally pretty packed also

there was absolutely no way the draft was going ahead as planned - the only question is how long it gets delayed and/or how much of a digital experience it becomes

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i mean even that might be a struggle - to broadcast you have to have a lot of people in one space and those war rooms are normally pretty packed also

there was absolutely no way the draft was going ahead as planned - the only question is how long it gets delayed and/or how much of a digital experience it becomes
I was talking about this with @Giants56Ravens52 just last night. If they went with a "no fan" version and only broadcasted they would have to have Vegas next year. Delaying an event this big isn't that easy.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Dolphins sign G Ereck Flowers to a 3 year $30M contract with $19.95M guaranteed.

Cardinals agree to trade RB David Johnson to the Texans.