• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's no way we would have given OBJ the contract he got if DHop would have been FA available at the same time.
Correct. I'd have preferred Hopkins. And I could have made the case that if Hopkins were available, maybe you sign him instead of drafting Flowers.

But once you sign Odell and draft Flowers, its just bad roster construction.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I like Odell but the timing of this whole thing fucking sucks because Hopkins is my favorite WR in the league and would have been a much better signing. I’m praying that Odell’s health holds up but we all know the Baltimore curse

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Fuck it, bring in Chase Young or Danielle Hunter and pray for the health of our WRs

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's not coming very cheap, I don't think.
O someone is definitely going to pay more than they should for him. But I’m holding out hood he wants to win a ring more than the big pay day. We need more Florida boys anyways

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fuck it, bring in Chase Young or Danielle Hunter and pray for the health of our WRs
I’d be curious to see if he thrived in a better organization. You always wonder with the skins and how poorly that place is run

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean others have said we're not monitoring. So which reports we going with?
In this case, seems like the universal idea is to go with reporting that benefits whatever personal agenda it is.

In any event, you responded to a message about somebody asking if Demarcus Robinson signing with the Rams increases the chances of us signing Hopkins. I don't think you are naive enough to think there's any correlation between the two.

The Ravens are monitoring his market at the same level that 31 other teams are monitoring his market. Much in the same way they're monitoring dozens of other FA markets.
I asked that question. There was nothing naive about it. I actually used the terms, "I wonder" and "if" Robinson's leaving Baltimore opened the door for EDC to pursue and sign DHop. It was one of many thoughts on the subject floating around the NFL universe. I believe that he is visiting the Patriots and the Titans in a few days.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I asked that question. There was nothing naive about it. I actually used the terms, "I wonder" and "if" Robinson's leaving Baltimore opened the door for EDC to pursue and sign DHop. It was one of many thoughts on the subject floating around the NFL universe. I believe that he is visiting the Patriots and the Titans in a few days.
I've not seen anyone had the thought that Demarcus Robinson had any impact whatsoever on the Ravens signing or not signing Hopkins. I can't even fathom how they'd be related at all, considering Robinson would be like the 5th or 6th WR on our existing roster, without Hopkins. Meaning he'd be 50/50 to even make the roster, even if we did sign him.

I don't think the signing of any former Ravens WRs or even never-once Ravens WRs has really any impact at all on whether we sign Hopkins. We already have a very strong WR room by NFL standards.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've not seen anyone had the thought that Demarcus Robinson had any impact whatsoever on the Ravens signing or not signing Hopkins. I can't even fathom how they'd be related at all, considering Robinson would be like the 5th or 6th WR on our existing roster, without Hopkins. Meaning he'd be 50/50 to even make the roster, even if we did sign him.

I don't think the signing of any former Ravens WRs or even never-once Ravens WRs has really any impact at all on whether we sign Hopkins. We already have a very strong WR room by NFL standards.
I've personally spoken with many Ravens fans (not limited to this microcosm here) in person that has thought about the "possibility" (not certainty) of the Ravens pursuing DHop now that Robinson is gone. I find nothing wrong with wondering about stuff like that while at the same time, understanding that our WR room is getting logged jammed.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've personally spoken with many Ravens fans (not limited to this microcosm here) in person that has thought about the "possibility" (not certainty) of the Ravens pursuing DHop now that Robinson is gone. I find nothing wrong with wondering about stuff like that while at the same time, understanding that our WR room is getting logged jammed.
OK, I think those people need to do a bit of re-thinking then. Signing DHop is one thing. Has nothing to do with Robinson. Robinson hasn't been on the team in months, and from the second we drafted Flowers, it was pretty clear he wasn't going to be. Made no sense to bring him back to essentially not have a role. Wouldn't even likely be active on gamedays.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
All it takes is a OBJ and Bateman injury tweak for us to be thin at receiver again. Bring on DHop !!