• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Amos to the Baltimore Jets

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Bateman already out with cortisone injections to his foot. Unbelievable.

I have to say the receiver group could collapse like a house of cards if the injuries continue .

Honestly i'm not surprised that he may still have pain in his foot. He has still has plenty of time to recover from his injury and he may not be 100 percent healthy until next year. Hollywood Brown played with the same injury so i'm not really concerned right now.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bateman already out with cortisone injections to his foot. Unbelievable.

I have to say the receiver group could collapse like a house of cards if the injuries continue
I find it funny that people are trying to normalize this and pretend like it’s nothing. It’s not a normal to simply just give cortisone injections based on a protocol or timeline for his previous surgery. He definitely re injured his foot, but to what severity is the question.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I find it funny that people are trying to normalize this and pretend like it’s nothing. It’s not a normal to simply just give cortisone injections based on a protocol or timeline for his previous surgery. He definitely re injured his foot, but to what severity is the question.
I'm not sure either way. It's clearly not one way or the other. The only fact is that he's been working out and clearly, his foot hurts. That's why he got the shot. It's either a normal recovery hurt or an aggregation hurt.

I'd assume for how far into his recovery he is, it's normal hurt.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well said and completely true .

rossihunter2

Staff Member

More likely the ramp up didn’t go quite right and so there’s some swelling

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I think was a missed opportunity to simultaneously improve the safety and outside and nickel corner positions.
Bet you we use some of that 4 mill for Danielle or Chase now…

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s possible he just aggravated it during rehab and pain is preventing his daily functions. Cortisone is usually a “just to get by” pain management thing right?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It’s possible he just aggravated it during rehab and pain is preventing his daily functions. Cortisone is usually a “just to get by” pain management thing right?
Cortisone is absolutely pain management. It's not good that he's in enough pain to need cortisone, but at the same time, it might be the case that everyone who has that injury is getting cortisone on this timeline and everyone is freaking out because they got some information they don't understand because of lack of contextualizarion.

Or he fucking had a setback and the SZN is over

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought we had all that training staff and doctor stuff all corrected.
Most likely he just aggravated it. Hydrocortisone is a steroid focused on reducing inflammation. Get rid of that inflammation it reduces the pain.
Cortisone is absolutely pain management. It's not good that he's in enough pain to need cortisone, but at the same time, it might be the case that everyone who has that injury is getting cortisone on this timeline and everyone is freaking out because they got some information they don't understand because of lack of contextualizarion.

Or he fucking had a setback and the SZN is over
I don’t agree with the timeline theory, just doesn’t make any sense. More likely an isolated incident with his foot reacting poorly to running around and they’re trying to get the swelling under control.

The real concern is how often will his body react this way? It’s honestly so random with this stuff, some people recover well and can come back and play consistently at a similar level pre injury. Others can’t stop re aggravating.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
All it takes is a OBJ and Bateman injury tweak for us to be thin at receiver again. Bring on DHop !!
I believe Harbs mentioned an issue with Bateman receiving a cortisone shot and still rehabbing in his presser today. He also said that Bateman will not be at the mini-camp.

JAAM

Hall of Famer