• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly in our scheme I think we want to have the biggest line possible. Bullies in the run game

I think our FO would prefer fluker who's massive.

Biggest/heaviest O line in football could be us next year.

warford's better in pass sets than in running sets - makes sense that we would be more interested in other OL - still odd that someone of his calibre would be released and available at this time of year

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
warford's better in pass sets than in running sets - makes sense that we would be more interested in other OL - still odd that someone of his calibre would be released and available at this time of year

Once they drafted Ruiz they had no more starting spots on the interior so all that was left was a guard who had been declining.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I can't imagine that they would find someone else who is better. He would be a huge upgrade.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I haven’t heard much about Clowney since that report came out a few days ago saying we were one of the teams interested. Jesus Christ. Just rescind Judon’s tag and move on with Clowney.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I haven’t heard much about Clowney since that report came out a few days ago saying we were one of the teams interested. Jesus Christ. Just rescind Judon’s tag and move on with Clowney.
At this point I’d rather keep Judon. It’s too risky, don’t mess with the chemistry because we know Judon can be effective and likely will suit up, clowney is more unknown.

I think if clowney was ever on the table, it would’ve been either after a nice haul to trade Judon pre-draft and replace him with clowney, or to add clowney to Judon.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
At this point I’d rather keep Judon. It’s too risky, don’t mess with the chemistry because we know Judon can be effective and likely will suit up, clowney is more unknown.

I think if clowney was ever on the table, it would’ve been either after a nice haul to trade Judon pre-draft and replace him with clowney, or to add clowney to Judon.
Regarding your last statement, this is apparently realistic with a few restructures, and we all know how aggressive EDC can be.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Regarding your last statement, this is apparently realistic with a few restructures, and we all know how aggressive EDC can be.
Edc can be aggressive but he’s not mortgaging the future for clowney. To get clowney under the cap it’s gonna take a Judon extension with backloading, and Stanley needs extending this year and there’s no extending Stanley with clowney under the cap without continuing to backload. A Brandon Williams cut would also be in order most likely, and there’s no way that happens this year, it would be way premature and we aren’t ready to throw an unknown healthy scratch Daylon Mack in as the starting nose.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Edc can be aggressive but he’s not mortgaging the future for clowney. To get clowney under the cap it’s gonna take a Judon extension with backloading, and Stanley needs extending this year and there’s no extending Stanley with clowney under the cap without continuing to backload.

judon extension and a peters restructure might be able to do it

only potential cap casualty option for saving money would be RGIII but we'd have to have a lot of confidence in mcsorley and huntley (for 1 of them to become the backup - which is a bit far-fetched pre-camp) and it would still only help out by 2m or so

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
judon extension and a peters restructure might be able to do it

only potential cap casualty option for saving money would be RGIII but we'd have to have a lot of confidence in mcsorley and huntley (for 1 of them to become the backup - which is a bit far-fetched pre-camp) and it would still only help out by 2m or so
I want nothing to do with restructure other than like spreading 3m across 4 years to make room for a well above average player. And yeah clowney would fit right in that mold, but I imagine it takes a lot more than that to bring him in

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Here’s a thought about rescinding Judon’s tag.

Ravens seems to be family oriented. A first class organization that looks after their own. I can see if or why players might want to take less to stay. Homegrown discount kind of thing. Rescinding Judon’s offer will be viewed by his teammates as a total business move.
That business move that will make future contract negotiation tougher. For instance, how you going to try and persuade Humphrey to take a little less when you just cut throat rescinded Judon's (the father of his god kids) contract the prior year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Here’s a thought about rescinding Judon’s tag.

Ravens seems to be family oriented. A first class organization that looks after their own. I can see if or why players might want to take less to stay. Homegrown discount kind of thing. Rescinding Judon’s offer will be viewed by his teammates as a total business move.
That business move that will make future contract negotiation tougher. For instance, how you going to try and persuade Humphrey to take a little less when you just cut throat rescinded Judon's (the father of his god kids) contract the prior year.

i honestly dont think its a good business move either at this point...

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
Just rescind Judon’s tag and move on with Clowney.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we rescind his tag, we not only lose him, but also the comp pick we would have received had he not been tagged in the first place. So, we'd essentially be trading Judon and a 3rd (or 4th) for Clowney. That decidedly seems more of a BOB move, definitely not an EDC move.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we rescind his tag, we not only lose him, but also the comp pick we would have received had he not been tagged in the first place. So, we'd essentially be trading Judon and a 3rd (or 4th) for Clowney. That decidedly seems more of a BOB move, definitely not an EDC move.

also a player with positional versatility and flexibility who has been a key part of our defence for the last 4 years too (in a year with a cut-off offseason too) vs a player with no scheme familiarity and a history of being unavailable

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Well, when we run into another brick wall similar to Henry in the playoffs and Judon completely whiffs, I hope everyone keeps this same energy. If you’re paying someone 16 million, he better make those kinds of tackles.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, when we run into another brick wall similar to Henry in the playoffs and Judon completely whiffs, I hope everyone keeps this same energy. If you’re paying someone 16 million, he better make those kinds of tackles.

The good thing is that we beefed up our LBs so that if/when Judon whiffs, we now have Harrison and Queen to clean up out there.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Edc can be aggressive but he’s not mortgaging the future for clowney. To get clowney under the cap it’s gonna take a Judon extension with backloading, and Stanley needs extending this year and there’s no extending Stanley with clowney under the cap without continuing to backload. A Brandon Williams cut would also be in order most likely, and there’s no way that happens this year, it would be way premature and we aren’t ready to throw an unknown healthy scratch Daylon Mack in as the starting nose.
Brandon Williams will most likely be cut next offseason, saving the team a little over 10m in cap space. I do agree though that it doesn't make sense to go after Clowney, because it we would have to mortgage the future.

A1A

Veteran

Superstar's fudge up all the time b.