• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JO_75

Hall of Famer
@Deebo813

Speaking of Clowney,

#SIIE

@JAAM

Schefter said Browns offered him the most money which is quite ironic. He wanted a contender to pay him a big amount and he wasn't happy with the money offered from them. He gets offered the money he's looking for from Cleveland and turns it down.

Curious if he's going to wait until an injury happens in the preseason and sign.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Schefter said Browns offered him the most money which is quite ironic. He wanted a contender to pay him a big amount and he wasn't happy with the money offered from them. He gets offered the money he's looking for from Cleveland and turns it down.

Curious if he's going to wait until an injury happens in the preseason and sign.

browns have been tyring to buy their way to success for years. The players can see it's not working

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

So he dont think browns would be contenders if he went there? Or maybe he wants a guarnteed contending team

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yup

I think our WR core in our 53 will be

Antonio Brown
Hollywood Brown
Willie Snead
MIles Boykin
Devin Duvernay
James Proche (KR/PR)
Would be nice but i doubt it. I dnt even know if that would work. He wants the ball and likely wont be getting it as much as he use to

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yup

I think our WR core in our 53 will be

Antonio Brown
Hollywood Brown
Willie Snead
MIles Boykin
Devin Duvernay
James Proche (KR/PR)
1. We won't sign AB.
2. If we did, he won't be on the initial 53, because he'll be on the suspended list for what would presumably be at least 4-6 games. A year-long suspension would be pretty reasonable, as well.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So he dont think browns would be contenders if he went there? Or maybe he wants a guarnteed contending team
I think he's not going to sign with anybody in May unless he gets exactly the contract he's looking for. The offers that the Browns, Seahawks and Titans (among possibly others) made are likely still going to be around in July and August, so he has no incentive to sign in May.

If I were him, I'd be waiting for late July or early August, waiting for a team or two to lose a significant defensive player to injury, and then come calling. If not, he can take one of those offers, which likely won't decrease or change much during June-July, when there's nothing going on.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think he's not going to sign with anybody in May unless he gets exactly the contract he's looking for. The offers that the Browns, Seahawks and Titans (among possibly others) made are likely still going to be around in July and August, so he has no incentive to sign in May.

If I were him, I'd be waiting for late July or early August, waiting for a team or two to lose a significant defensive player to injury, and then come calling. If not, he can take one of those offers, which likely won't decrease or change much during June-July, when there's nothing going on.
Yea i see.. makes sense!!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

That’s exactly what he’s doing. He has no reason to sign right now with anyone. Unless he gets an offer that blows him away, he’s doing himself a disservice

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why do you think that? I doubt they’ll be contenders in that division
Falcons are a dark horse this year, and it’s all based on health. But one thing they could really use is a pass rusher. So there’s potential for it to happen for sure.

also, it feels like the contender thing comes second to money for him. I’ll believe him on the contender front when he signs with the ravens for 2/30 and 10 guaranteed.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Falcons are a dark horse this year, and it’s all based on health. But one thing they could really use is a pass rusher. So there’s potential for it to happen for sure.

also, it feels like the contender thing comes second to money for him. I’ll believe him on the contender front when he signs with the ravens for 2/30 and 10 guaranteed.
Speaking of the Falcons, when was the last time they had a good or decent defense?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You think we will get AB? One of my three fav wrs of all time but idk if thats a good idea
REALLY???? Well I guess I've been watching football for a longer time. He's not even in my top 10 and that has nothing to do with him being a Steeler.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Judon has signed his tender... he will be playing football in 2020

the timing is odd but i have these 4 possible reasons (or a combination):

1) Wants to join in with the voluntary offseason stuff and meeting etc. (think he had to sign the tender to be a part of the offseason schedule)
2) the behind the scenes arguing about whether he should be tagged as DL or LB is over and he's accepted that he's getting LB money and just wants to get on with it
3) he's about to get an extension
4) he's about to be traded

only thing judon loses by signing is the leverage of a holdout - but he was never going to holdout because the money is too good vs what he's earned in his career so far

Last edited: