• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anyone think that EDC is trying to trade Judon, now that we have Ngakoue?

I would think we would want to keep him for at least the rest of the year. Yannick and Judon coming at you from each direction sounds much better to me than just one of them coming.

What do you think he would be moved for?

Simba

Staff Member

I don't really see a point in moving Judon. Ride it out with him this year because we're a better team with him than without him, and take the comp pick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would think we would want to keep him for at least the rest of the year. Yannick and Judon coming at you from each direction sounds much better to me than just one of them coming.

What do you think he would be moved for?
yes but that would just invite teams to run against you. Both are bad agains the run.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't really see a point in moving Judon. Ride it out with him this year because we're a better team with him than without him, and take the comp pick.
that's true, especially the comp pick could be a 3rd

Charm City

Pro Bowler
yes but that would just invite teams to run against you. Both are bad agains the run.
I would want to see if we could do a Jumbo nickel sort of package with Williams, Campbell, and Wolf on the D-Line, Judon and Ngakoue on the Edges, Queen/Fort at ILB, and 5 DBs behind them. I have no clue if that would work schematically, but it would give us a lot of deception with Judon being capable of covering or rushing and allowing us to play 5 close to the line

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Let's say we did move him, for who or what?
I rethought about that and no way we could get anything nearly worthy of what we could get as a comp. Also will be difficult due to the franchise tag, which was a mistake.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i dont think judon's bad against the run - what gives you that impression?
well the eyeball test for the most part, but if you look at PFF that only confirms it. (Premium Statistics)

Obvsiously it's not the end all be all, but I've never been a fan of his against the run outside of 2018, which he was pretty good, but that's an outlier.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Don't we have to? Yannick is on a one year $12M deal(still considered tagged or no?) and Judon is on the tag of $16.8M. No way our cap allows us to keep both and we can't extend either of them until the offseason.

Simba

Staff Member
Don't we have to? Yannick is on a one year $12M deal(still considered tagged or no?) and Judon is on the tag of $16.8M. No way our cap allows us to keep both and we can't extend either of them until the offseason.

What Rossi said, and I'd be surprised if Peters doesn't get restructured. He didn't get a large signing bonus so pushing that back a little bit is a super easy way to clear about $4M without any major impacts to future years.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
good point. something else must be in the works, like a Stanley extension so he can be fit under the cap. Not sure how we do this.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

well not sure that we have the ability to make a move at this point lol - we're so tight up against the cap now - not sure how we could possibly make any other moves

but it's notable that this is how EDC chose to end his statement

I mean there is one name and everyone knows who it is and it is the one position the Ravens need.

Fast Eddie

Practice Squad
I mean there is one name and everyone knows who it is and it is the one position the Ravens need.

Is this like a "he who should not be named" kind of thing, or are you afraid to jinx us?

I'm not sure you you are referencing now that we have Dak and Yannick.