• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the "council" has slowly been disbanding - if judon's gone it'll basically be Co-cap left of the originals and Marlo too

but i guess it's probably part of a natural shift we should be expecting as the offence starts to get more experienced (and take up more money on the cap) and the defence starts to have its spending curtailed a bit...

that being said our offence is full of younger guys too - it's possible that one of the other transitions that takes place this offseason is lamar becoming more of a visible leader (he's well-respected and loved by his team-mates and sometimes he'll step in and make a speech or something behind the scenes and everyone knows it's HIS team so im not saying he's not a leader just not a player's advocate like some of the defensive guys were - different leadership style)
The council was like a band of representatives, but Lamar is the “get on my back and I got you” kind of leader.

I have to say my favorite thing about Lamar is his fire, his teammates would run through a brick wall for him when he’s playing pissed off, love to see it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Has anyone heard the trade rumors that we are interested in trading for Adam Thielan again

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Has anyone heard the trade rumors that we are interested in trading for Adam Thielan again

That seems like one of those OBJ player swap trades to get people excited. The Vikings definitely need an upgrade at Left Tackle that's for sure so they could be one of the teams interested in Brown.

somebody who could be an interesting option who... bonus... wouldn't count against the comp formula

This is the kind of signing the ravens make, I’m not looking forward to seeing us make a modest offer that gets rejected.

Just like Texans releasing Nick Martin, it's not Linsley from the Packers but it's the kind of signing we would make at Center. Humphries would be a decent signing but man we would still need that true number one receiver for Lamar even with Humphries.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
That seems like one of those OBJ player swap trades to get people excited. The Vikings definitely need an upgrade at Left Tackle that's for sure so they could be one of the teams interested in Brown.

Just like Texans releasing Nick Martin, it's not Linsley from the Packers but it's the kind of signing we would make at Center. Humphries would be a decent signing but man we would still need that true number one receiver for Lamar even with Humphries.

Humphries working the middle is certainly more intriguing than Snead. Assuming he can stay healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No rumors of the kind exist simply because this is untrue and unfounded
I believe one of them is CBS, but if that's JLC than it's as good as not true. That being said, I do believe he was the first one that released the Ngakoue rumor.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I believe one of them is CBS, but if that's JLC than it's as good as not true. That being said, I do believe he was the first one that released the Ngakoue rumor.
I don’t wanna even say it out loud, but hasn’t he kinda been money for most of the 2020 season/offseason?

Simba

Staff Member
one of the potential middle-lower-tier options for us now off the market

Would be curious to see how much he got in the base deal. Up to $6.2M sounds like a lot but I think we know the base might be $3-4M, which is about what I expected,

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would be curious to see how much he got in the base deal. Up to $6.2M sounds like a lot but I think we know the base might be $3-4M, which is about what I expected,

he would've been someone i'd have liked here tbh especially seeing how cheap he was (relatively speaking)
but if this is the price that someone at that sort of level is going to be i see no reason why we couldnt be active in that kind of tier of the WR market

he was one of the more attractive cap casualty WRs available - adam humphries still could be interesting

of the true UFAs i'd be interested in looking at marvin jones or maybe kendrick bourne...

Simba

Staff Member

figure we'll start to maybe see some more of these - jihad ward, pernell mcphee etc.

Glad to see it. This should be another veteran benefit contract, so should only cost $750K on the cap I believe. Been a solid reserve for 2 years.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Wouldn't mind Tate at the right price. Yeah the rosters this year are going to be turned upside down thanks to the cap, going to be interesting what the final 53 man rosters will be in September.
We play the Rams (allegedly) next season anyways so let's have a Ramsey vs. Tate rematch!