• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member

John Brown himself is probably not an option given his prior experience here with Lamar as a rookie lol but this is the kind of calibre of WR we might have a shot at - bills saved 8m from cutting him (cost just over 9m against the cap) which in other years would be a very reasonable rate for someone like Brown

JAAM

Hall of Famer

John Brown himself is probably not an option given his prior experience here with Lamar as a rookie lol but this is the kind of calibre of WR we might have a shot at - bills saved 8m from cutting him (cost just over 9m against the cap) which in other years would be a very reasonable rate for someone like Brown

I’d love Brown back but obviously not at the expense of Marvin

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

carlos dunlap would be a welcome addition. yet another multi positioned defender who can play the run and rush the passer.

its getting concerning the amount of age we would be adding to the defensive front though lol, campbell, wolfe, williams, then dunlap, old af.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
carlos dunlap would be a welcome addition. yet another multi positioned defender who can play the run and rush the passer.

its getting concerning the amount of age we would be adding to the defensive front though lol, campbell, wolfe, williams, then dunlap, old af.

depends on the price - not worried about age per se in the sense that this wouldn't preclude us from grabbing a rookie (or 2) high in the draft

honestly we're not gonna get much of a shot at any younger guys except for maybe keeping bowser lol

very much hoping that this is a cheaper type deal

Simba

Staff Member
I don’t mind Dunlap. Obviously not going to solve everything but I think he’s still a solid enough player. Didn’t grade out well but know there were serious motivation issues last year in Cinci and that definitely had to factor. Seemed like a new player with Seattle, so it could be a lot worse if we get the Seattle version.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
depends on the price - not worried about age per se in the sense that this wouldn't preclude us from grabbing a rookie (or 2) high in the draft

honestly we're not gonna get much of a shot at any younger guys except for maybe keeping bowser lol

very much hoping that this is a cheaper type deal
I don’t mind Dunlap. Obviously not going to solve everything but I think he’s still a solid enough player. Didn’t grade out well but know there were serious motivation issues last year in Cinci and that definitely had to factor. Seemed like a new player with Seattle, so it could be a lot worse if we get the Seattle version.
assuming a deal like this wouldnt cost too much, this is the kinda thing we should expect, it allows us to solidify a spot where theres essentially nothing, so we dont feel the need go attacking it hard in the draft with limited picks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

was one of the first players cut by a team this year who i felt like really would have not been cut if not for the cap issue this year

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

worth pointing out - but also probably worth noting he'd likely play all across the front here - we also know that Seattle scheme hasn't been particularly friendly to edge rushers either

so while it's worth noting - it's not a massive red flag for me

Also, Ravens secondary >>> Seahawks secondary

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
was one of the first players cut by a team this year who i felt like really would have not been cut if not for the cap issue this year
Possibly. He was due like $14M though. I don't think any team is going to be looking at him as a $14M player. He was that player like 4 years ago, but not now.

And if the Ravens are interested in him, I can guarantee it isn't at a $14M price tag.