• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Come to meee

I saw that. Don’t know how I feel about that Twitter account. They’re hot and cold. But yes please to Houston

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I saw that. Don’t know how I feel about that Twitter account. They’re hot and cold. But yes please to Houston

yeah. That Twitter account also linked us to gurley, now he’s saying gurley to chargers. Think he just throw out random shit and hope one sticks. Everyone knows we were interested in Houston, that’s why we brought him in for a visit.

but hey, at least this tweet got a like from deshon Elliot.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Come to meee

i mean it could turn out right but this twitter account is notorious for just constantly guessing and then bigging up the guesses they luck into being right and living off that...

they never break news really - either hop on info from other insiders and pretend its their own or just throw out random guesses (based on visits etc.) - gurley and houston have both visited the ravens (and in Houston's case I think it's the only visit he's had all offseason) so it made sense for them to throw that out

rossihunter2

Staff Member
yeah. That Twitter account also linked us to gurley, now he’s saying gurley to chargers. Think he just throw out random shit and hope one sticks. Everyone knows we were interested in Houston, that’s why we brought him in for a visit.

but hey, at least this tweet got a like from deshon Elliot.

notable that none of the ravens are around the facility at the moment - players probably not really in the know regarding guys coming in or signing deals right now because they're all on holiday etc.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
notable that none of the ravens are around the facility at the moment - players probably not really in the know regarding guys coming in or signing deals right now because they're all on holiday etc.

true. But I think players do talk to one another around the league and try to recruit. So deshon liking that tweet would probably mean there’s interest on both sides

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember wanting this guy during the draft lol. Guess he couldn’t just outmuscle everyone with that lack of separation

66194BE6-7B5D-4D72-BD4A-5150754863DD.jpeg

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
i was so wrong on hakeem butler but oh so right about nkeal harry - i thought he was a borderline day 2 guy - but possible even day 3... because he wasnt a separator...

N’keal Harry, Ravens TE2 does sound nice...

Old flames never die..

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Feel free to call me out if you think this wrong, but here it goes.

I don't think we're signing Houston or another pass rusher BEFORE the preseason. The reason is because we're obviously cash strapped, and we've waited this long. Now here me out, EDC's patience has been admirable and has paid dividends multiple times. I'm making it clear right now I'm not complaining that he's been patient. The question is what is he being patient about? Well the answer is obvious... For the price to drop where the deal makes sense for the team.

Here's where I make my assumption. How could the price on any player unsigned at this point get much lower than it is right now? We've already had the draft and teams have gotten the chance to see their guys for a few weeks. Given that I'm assuming the price doesn't get SIGNIFICANTLY lower from here on out, the fact that he's signed means that EDC doesn't think it would be prudent and therefore it's not going to happen.

Now if there are injuries or terrible play in the preseason, I believe a move could be made, but I just don't see something happening before then.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Feel free to call me out if you think this wrong, but here it goes.

I don't think we're signing Houston or another pass rusher BEFORE the preseason. The reason is because we're obviously cash strapped, and we've waited this long. Now here me out, EDC's patience has been admirable and has paid dividends multiple times. I'm making it clear right now I'm not complaining that he's been patient. The question is what is he being patient about? Well the answer is obvious... For the price to drop where the deal makes sense for the team.

Here's where I make my assumption. How could the price on any player unsigned at this point get much lower than it is right now? We've already had the draft and teams have gotten the chance to see their guys for a few weeks. Given that I'm assuming the price doesn't get SIGNIFICANTLY lower from here on out, the fact that he's signed means that EDC doesn't think it would be prudent and therefore it's not going to happen.

Now if there are injuries or terrible play in the preseason, I believe a move could be made, but I just don't see something happening before then.

i think it's reasonable to come to that conclusion - but given he's a vet it's certainly worth pointing out that at the price we're likely looking to sign him it's possible he doesn't want to have to come to training camp and do all that stuff - he's not the only vet still on the market

my guess is there's an open offer that the ravens have put out there for him and it's completely on him whether he wants to take it or not - and i wonder if as soon as 1 of vernon/ingram signs that houston will too

no one else has signed houston so my guess is that it's not on the ravens but on houston deciding whether he'll accept the price point

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i think it's reasonable to come to that conclusion - but given he's a vet it's certainly worth pointing out that at the price we're likely looking to sign him it's possible he doesn't want to have to come to training camp and do all that stuff - he's not the only vet still on the market

my guess is there's an open offer that the ravens have put out there for him and it's completely on him whether he wants to take it or not - and i wonder if as soon as 1 of vernon/ingram signs that houston will too

no one else has signed houston so my guess is that it's not on the ravens but on houston deciding whether he'll accept the price point

I also think that is reasonable. At what point though without any outside stimulus from someone else like melvin Ingram does Houston sign? Like what is the latest time that makes sense?

I can't imagine the ravens would be thrilled with a player that wants to show up at the very last moment.