• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

i was more talking about having a stable of 4 guys rather than just the 3 starters - we've seen how much this defence struggles when we cant go trust guys to go man-to-man on the backend effectively on over 50% of the snaps
If we stack the secondary in this way I think it would spell the end for Judon as a Raven.

DeCosta learned from the best but he saw some things he wanted to change in the organisation and he's implemented those changes - gotta think ozzie's enjoying this too - he gets to do the stuff he loves while EDC does the nitty gritty nuts and bolts stuff that he didnt love

Also it seemed Ozzie was back loading contracts quite a bit while EDC is front loading.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If we stack the secondary in this way I think it would spell the end for Judon as a Raven.
Yep, looks likely. Bowser improved, Ferguson on the right track, Ward playing well. Draft another one and bring not too expensive vet. McPhee might still give us another half season.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
some speculating that this would enable us to use the franchise tag on judon if we want (tbf a decent option) if the franchise tag still exists in the next league year (possibility that the new CBA comes in and the tag no longer exists)

While you got the cap room use it. Love the front loaded Peters contract.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love this move. I figured it would happen, yet still am glad it’s done and over with so we can focus on other things. Not a bad contract either and it’s one we can escape from should we need to do such. Now we just need to lock down Humphrey & Stanley so we don’t have anything left to worry about and we can move on to other players.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not sure we are going to let him get away. I think he ends up being franchised or gives us a home town discount, which I don't see happening.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
imo, Marcus Peters 32m in guaranteed money includes his first year salary, which is probably about 10m or so. The rest would be a signing bonus which would be spread over the life of the contract.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
imo, Marcus Peters 32m in guaranteed money includes his first year salary, which is probably about 10m or so. The rest would be a signing bonus which would be spread over the life of the contract.

right but there's 20.5m in year 1 cash so in that scenario he's only getting 10.5m signing bonus over the 3 years which is unlikely
id assume the signing bonus is at least 12m and more likely around 15m which would make year 1 base salary 5.5 and the year 1 cap hit 10.5m

12 would make it a 8.5m base salary in year 1 which would make the year 1 cap hit 12.5m

10 makes it 10.5m base salary in year 1 which would make the year 1 cap hit ~14m

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I love how Landry and OBJ are trolling Peters, regarding his new contract extension. As the old say goes...he who laughs last, laughs best!