• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
Not a huge fan of this one, but not mad either. Still think Hurst is going to turn out to be a pretty good player and I absolutely think there was an increased role for him here. But getting a 2nd is still a nice coup. I'd be curious to see if we could flip that for maybe another young player.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not a huge fan of this one, but not mad either. Still think Hurst is going to turn out to be a pretty good player and I absolutely think there was an increased role for him here. But getting a 2nd is still a nice coup. I'd be curious to see if we could flip that for maybe another young player.

i think it's a pretty fair deal tbh with us getting something out of a player we clearly have known since last trade deadline wasnt going to be part of our future plans - great way of not just treating hurst as a sunk cost

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
We get the Falcons 2nd rounder and 5th rounder for hurst and a 4
Holy crap! look ...we feel we can get 33 catches out of a half decent 4th round TE that can block. We may even have something for the PS guy out of Delaware....holy crap!!!

2nd round is going to be fun. edge/wr/center all in the first 2 rounds.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We can only dream but that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league. Not that I care about fairness.
Lack of cap money and the fact that the Ravens are in the AFC may have prevented such a deal. But O'Brien being a proven and now celebrated nincompoop and EDC a proven 5th round pick trade genius so who knows?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
sounds like we were actively shopping hurst - possible that we just dont think his role in the offence was going to be worth more than a 2nd round pick - not a bad return on a 1st round TE who's not done a huge amount

we technically lose a tiny bit of cap space in this trade but its small enough that its basically a wash

the 5th rounder we just got i think is now going to the jags for calais campbell in stead of the other 5th we had (probably some terminology in the calais trade about taking the highest pick possible in the 5th)
yes we lose 1.5 m. My original post said we gained 3m but I looked at the wrong Hurst.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really liked hurst as a player. He was coming along and i think it was a mistake to break up the TE trio. Best hands we have too

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
IF eric doesn't nail this draft like ever before ( maybe he should call me to select the 2nd rounders? ) it'll set us back like no other

we basically are putting everything on this draft as we've not really addressed enough in FA

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Holy crap! look ...we feel we can get 33 catches out of a half decent 4th round TE that can block. We may even have something for the PS guy out of Delaware....holy crap!!!

2nd round is going to be fun. edge/wr/center all in the first 2 rounds.

it's gonna be BPA all the way for these first 3 picks but if Ruiz is there at 28 im not sure there'll necessarily be a better fit/better player available at that spot

i mostly agree though that we're gonna be C, WR with 2 of those first 3 picks - not sure that it'll be an edge necessarily given the class but some help somewhere in the front 7 is likely i think

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'll be excited when we stop drafting dogshit in the 2nd round
Fair enough, also fair enough to think that was an Ozzie thing and not an Eric thing.

Although the Ferguson pick isn’t inspiring. I won’t fault him for the rest because the 2019 draft wasn’t exactly deep

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We’re all hype right now but then Eric is gonna take Kenneth Murray in 1, and then some bullshit dudes in 2 and ruin our excitement

Simba

Staff Member
Actually traded this 5th (and not the Vedvik one) for Campbell. Clearly been in the works for some time as well. Probably just needed confirmation that Hooper was signing elsewhere.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
IF eric doesnt nail this draft like never before ( maybe he should call me to select the 2nd rounders? ) it'll set us back like no other

we basically are putting everything on this draft as we've not really addressed enough in FA

idk the team is basically already in a pretty good position at this point - we could miss every single pick and still be successful this season - but the odds of us missing on all 5 of our day 1 and 2 picks would be incredibly unlikely

he doesnt need to nail this draft any better than we have before but this gives us a better chance of coming out with a good or great class