• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
idk the team is basically already in a pretty good position at this point - we could miss every single pick and still be successful this season - but the odds of us missing on all 5 of our day 1 and 2 picks would be incredibly unlikely

he doesnt need to nail this draft any better than we have before but this gives us a better chance of coming out with a good or great class

We've only gained 1 upgrade in a required 5 positions ( now 6 if you think we need another TE)

We still lack
EDGE
Interior O line
WR
ILB
TE

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
EDC didn't trade Hurst for a second round pick- he traded Hurst for a fifth round pick and just happened to get a second along the way.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We've only gained 1 upgrade in a required 5 positions ( now 6 if you think we need another TE)

We still lack
EDGE
Interior O line
WR
ILB
TE

right but we're not looking for game-changing player at every single one of those positions - they're not needs in the same way that we've had in the past where the team will literally fall apart without adding one

but this draft class is absolutely stacked with WRs so not particularly worried about that

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's gonna be BPA all the way for these first 3 picks but if Ruiz is there at 28 im not sure there'll necessarily be a better fit/better player available at that spot

i mostly agree though that we're gonna be C, WR with 2 of those first 3 picks - not sure that it'll be an edge necessarily given the class but some help somewhere in the front 7 is likely i think
Players like Greenard/Mims/ and a few others are the main reason we were shopping Hurst. You are not getting either of these guys late two and we know it. Id say there are several players they are right now targeting early-mid two that we hadn't a prayer for before.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
my guess is he's the player that's gonna be traded today that no one was expecting - not sure we can fit him in the cap
Oh we can lol. We're masters at that

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I mean it's a little coincidental we're stockpiling picks and Stef just tweeted that. Speak into existence ya'll

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Players like Greenard/Mims/ and a few others are the main reason we were shopping Hurst. You are not getting either of these guys late two and we know it. Id say there are several players they are right now targeting early-mid two that we hadn't a prayer for before.

definitely agree - it's been my main problem when mock drafting (or attempting to) is that there's 2 or 3 guys i like at 28 (or in a trade back) but who absolutely would not be available at 60 - this could definitely solve that problem and allow us to realistically grab 2 of those upper eschelon guys who are great fits and then also grab someone who's falling at 60