• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
Notably no Ben Mason, Foster Sarell, Jovan Swann, or Eric Tomlinson. Tomlinson might be the vet to rejoin the roster along with McPhee.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i think because people havent seen hollywood on the field for so long and because there've been no glowing practice reports (because he's not been practicing) that he's been bizarrely forgotten about
Last year during season people were calling hollywood trash lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Notably no Ben Mason, Foster Sarell, Jovan Swann, or Eric Tomlinson. Tomlinson might be the vet to rejoin the roster along with McPhee.

i wonder if ben mason is seeing if he can find practice squad work elsewhere because he's never gonna get gametime here with ricard on the roster

i think sarell's move to guard has kind of screwed him slightly in terms of his usefulness to the ravens - he's much less intriguing as a guard candidate than as a tackle

gallagher's an interesting one given that he wasnt even a cut from another team he's a tryout guy we had earlier in OTAs lol

im assuming one of these remaining spots is a RB

Simba

Staff Member
i wonder if ben mason is seeing if he can find practice squad work elsewhere because he's never gonna get gametime here with ricard on the roster

i think sarell's move to guard has kind of screwed him slightly in terms of his usefulness to the ravens - he's much less intriguing as a guard candidate than as a tackle

gallagher's an interesting one given that he wasnt even a cut from another team he's a tryout guy we had earlier in OTAs lol

im assuming one of these remaining spots is a RB

Would expect this to change in the coming days as well. Guys coming in from outside need to go through the Covid protocols to get in so some of these guys could very much be temporary placeholders. Hence why Bynes wasn’t announced.

Simba

Staff Member
Seeing so much Ben Mason hate in the Twitter world. Like yeah it was a wasted pick but it was still a shit draft class. He’ll likely never play a game here. It happens. Oh well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Seeing so much Ben Mason hate in the Twitter world. Like yeah it was a wasted pick but it was still a shit draft class. He’ll likely never play a game here. It happens. Oh well.
I don’t hate Ben mason, I just hate that we picked him and it was fucking stupid to do so.

Dirt1

Practice Squad
I don’t hate Ben mason, I just hate that we picked him and it was fucking stupid to do so.

The Ravens got Washington as an UDFA and he made the cut. If you just flip him and Mason it’s all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simba

Staff Member

While I don’t disagree, that was a clear indication they had virtually no draftable players left when the pick was made, and probably couldn’t get out of it via trade either. Huge reason why he was also the last pick made too.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Ravens got Washington as an UDFA and he made the cut. If you just flip him and Mason it’s all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah but we didn’t and that actually is a bad look. Everyone and their mothers knew Washington and ealy were legitimate nfl prospects and the ravens left them both on the board for a FB who wasn’t even good at being a FB lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
While I don’t disagree, that was a clear indication they had virtually no draftable players left when the pick was made, and probably couldn’t get out of it via trade either. Huge reason why he was also the last pick made too.
it's also a 5th round pick in one of the worst/smallest draft classes ever... teams pre-draft were talking about the fact that guys would be taken in the 5th who would normally get taken in the 7th or go udfa - lots of teams are cutting draft picks this year
So we valued Washington less than we valued a shit fullback?

honestly it’s a pretty damning indictment on everyone when we have ardarius Washington an absolute no brainer on the active roster by means of UDFA and we just cut a 5th round rookie FB while ricard is on the roster. For a team who loves compiling picks and hates wasting them, I can’t fucking fathom why we did it, regardless of the year. So while actual prospects are available you literally throw away a pick for shiggles?

it was really incredibly stupid, I still can’t understand it, but hey we managed to get away with it by inexplicably landing Washington. Scraped through it by the skin of our balls

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah but we didn’t and that actually is a bad look. Everyone and their mothers knew Washington and ealy were legitimate nfl prospects and the ravens left them both on the board for a FB who wasn’t even good at being a FB lol

idk that ealy looked like a legit prospect - didnt look athletic enough

but you know how i felt about washington too - i understand why teams didnt pick washington (it's the same reason they didnt pick ealy... didnt test well enough at his size)

Simba

Staff Member
been watching ken get on the warpath all afternoon on twitter lol over a 5th round pick at fullback - like chill out lol...

No one gave a shit when we drafted Keenan Reynolds and I’d argue he was much more of a “fuck it” pick than Mason. Of course 6th round vs 5th round but draft classes still weren’t comparable either.

Simba

Staff Member
So we valued Washington less than we valued a shit fullback?

honestly it’s a pretty damning indictment on everyone when we have ardarius Washington an absolute no brainer on the active roster by means of UDFA and we just cut a 5th round rookie FB while ricard is on the roster.

it was really incredibly stupid, I still can’t understand it, but hey we managed to get away with it by inexplicably landing Washington. Scraped through it by the skin of our balls

Clearly no one else had Washington rated that highly either. Not saying that was right because it clearly wasn’t. But he obviously didn’t meet the size requirements for all 32 teams.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No one gave a shit when we drafted Keenan Reynolds and I’d argue he was much more of a “fuck it” pick than Mason. Of course 6th round vs 5th round but draft classes still weren’t comparable either.

would we have thought of wade as a wasted pick if we hadnt traded him and just cut him?

probably not...
but it's no different - we picked a guy with some traits in a shallow draft class with a 5th round pick at a logjammed position