• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I hate that, he is too good at that cap hit to trade away. Unless we got an offer we could not refuse
Filmstudy suggested that we trade Clark for Toney and Bradberry. Although Toney is worth more than Clark, including Bradberry's contract would help even out the trade values. Doing this would leave us with pretty much just EDGE and maybe ILB as our only needs, which would be incredible given where we were at the beginning of the offseason.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'm not #SIIE'ing Landry. I ain't tryna manifest that energy to get let down.
You want me to take care of this one? I have a good feeling

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Filmstudy suggested that we trade Clark for Toney and Bradberry. Although Toney is worth more than Clark, including Bradberry's contract would help even out the trade values. Doing this would leave us with pretty much just EDGE and maybe ILB as our only needs, which would be incredible given where we were at the beginning of the offseason.

and how are we gonna take on bradberry's contract?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not sure why the giants would do that

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
You want me to take care of this one? I have a good feeling
Yes, please.

I'll help you... (SIIE)he's gotta feel good about us being way better than we were last year. If he ever wanted to win a SB, we'd be a great place to bet on! And he's gotta know he'd be a big part of getting us there and winning! ;)

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
There was also an article on Yahoo or ESPN or BR about this. Maybe, Monday or Tuesday. It was just one of those thinking out loud articles. But basically it was boiled down to, "...why would the Ravens do that unless the Giants were willing to pay a real good portion of Bradberry's contract to do it."

Idk, I like the 3 Safety thing that could develop. But if Wink overvalues Clark then who knows. I wouldn't go outta my way for that deal. There are still going to be guys becoming available when the draftees are being signed. Just like every year.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
and how are we gonna take on bradberry's contract?
OTC says we’re at 7 mil with the top 51 rule. Trading chuck and cutting James, Koch, and Powers would open up 8 mil more. Extending Bradberry would give us a few mil more in space which should work from a cap perspective

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Not sure why the giants would do that
There’s speculation that the Toney situation is worse than what appears to those outside the Giants, and Filmstudy suggested that Clark is worth more to the Giants than other teams since he knows Winks system and can be the QB of the defense. I agree that this trade seems unlikely but some variation on it with Powers or picks could make sense.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
There’s speculation that the Toney situation is worse than what appears to those outside the Giants, and Filmstudy suggested that Clark is worth more to the Giants than other teams since he knows Winks system and can be the QB of the defense. I agree that this trade seems unlikely but some variation on it with Powers or picks could make sense.
There's a lot of problems I have with this logic...
1. I really don't see why Clark is valuable to the Giants. I'm quite certain the only reason is because of Wink. That's not good enough. If I look at the Giants depth chart, Xavier McKinney, who they like and I actually think is pretty good, is essentially their box safety. He's an early 2nd round pick from two years ago. I'd probably rather have him over Clark at this point, and I don't know why they'd be giving up on that guy after just two years, especially when he's been at least average.
So unless you plan on putting Clark in more of a true free safety look, which I don't think Wink is that stupid, I really don't see why he's valuable to the Giants.
2. I think there's this fall assumption that the Giants defense is going to look similar to the Ravens in terms of scheme and style. I think its going to shock people how different they'll be. There are MASSIVE personnel differences between types of players the Ravens have and types of players the Giants have.
3. I don't see us trading for Bradberry. Everybody and their mother knows the Giants are almost certainly cutting him soon. There's no reason for anybody to give up any asset AND absorb a contract the way it currently is. You'd have to immediately extend him, which I'm not convinced a ton of teams are dying to do, and it takes some of the flexibility away.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hoping we can keep Chuck. Quality player, low cap hit, depth for an injured secondary, and a team leader. Not sure the return or Cap savings are worth it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
OTC says we’re at 7 mil with the top 51 rule. Trading chuck and cutting James, Koch, and Powers would open up 8 mil more. Extending Bradberry would give us a few mil more in space which should work from a cap perspective
I think Peters will be extended at some point as well

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There's a lot of problems I have with this logic...
1. I really don't see why Clark is valuable to the Giants. I'm quite certain the only reason is because of Wink. That's not good enough. If I look at the Giants depth chart, Xavier McKinney, who they like and I actually think is pretty good, is essentially their box safety. He's an early 2nd round pick from two years ago. I'd probably rather have him over Clark at this point, and I don't know why they'd be giving up on that guy after just two years, especially when he's been at least average.
So unless you plan on putting Clark in more of a true free safety look, which I don't think Wink is that stupid, I really don't see why he's valuable to the Giants.
2. I think there's this fall assumption that the Giants defense is going to look similar to the Ravens in terms of scheme and style. I think its going to shock people how different they'll be. There are MASSIVE personnel differences between types of players the Ravens have and types of players the Giants have.
3. I don't see us trading for Bradberry. Everybody and their mother knows the Giants are almost certainly cutting him soon. There's no reason for anybody to give up any asset AND absorb a contract the way it currently is. You'd have to immediately extend him, which I'm not convinced a ton of teams are dying to do, and it takes some of the flexibility away.
McKinney played box safety 148 snaps, slot 15 and free safety 807 snaps.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
McKinney played box safety 148 snaps, slot 15 and free safety 807 snaps.
Right but I also don't know if that's similar to like a Ravens distribution, where neither guy really plays free or box, but one is "designated" that role.

Based on what I recall from scouting him out of college, I would never put him in a true "free safety", center field, role.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Eagles are supposedly going to aggressively try and sign Bradberry once released. Although he's a great player hell likely cost too much and others have more money. Any other CBs out there that can be a decent CB3?