• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hear me out.. it’s clear from our drafting, that we’re trying to go back to our 2019 magic. What / who are we missing to finish this roster construction? A OBJ.

Send it.
EE039535-3422-4562-8DD3-6223360D145C.jpeg

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Odellington it is

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Id take julio over duv though.
I’m not sure I would because Duv also provides value in the return game. I’m not real high on our WR room but I think the organization is. At some point you gotta role the dice and trust your talent evaluators

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure I would because Duv also provides value in the return game. I’m not real high on our WR room but I think the organization is. At some point you gotta role the dice and trust your talent evaluators
Yeah I mean I'm not necessarily advocating for like a full year sample, but at some point, you've gotta figure out what they guys can do. If somebody between like Duvernay, Proche and Wallace can't step up, after each of them having at least two or in some cases three years of roster, then you know what you have to do next year, which is invest heavily in the position.

Because as I've alluded to before, as long as Lamar continues to play the franchise tag game, the likelihood of the Ravens adding anybody of "note" in terms of a WR21 or WR2, via trade or FA, becomes increasingly small. Any sort of significant upgrades at WR are almost certainly coming from the draft as long as that franchise tag is still the option.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I like Bateman, proche, and andrews, but I don’t like just Bateman and proche, I think there is a missing element down the sideline and that’s speed from the wr2. Proche might be able to provide a bit with the right playcalling but that feels like a wr corps that needs rounding out skillset wise

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I like Bateman, proche, and andrews, but I don’t like just Bateman and proche, I think there is a missing element down the sideline and that’s speed from the wr2. Proche might be able to provide a bit with the right playcalling but that feels like a wr corps that needs rounding out skillset wise
If we had snagged Austin I would have been fine with the wr room. The only thing I think we lack is that speed element which can have a huge impact in our offense.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
So we bring in another receiver but it is Bailey Gaither, who was at the Packers training camp last season. I just read he was a Pittsburgh Mauler.

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I have a feeling we're going to trade for one of Toney or Slayton, with the latter being more likely. Wan'Dale Robinson is already practicing with the 1st team. I'm not sure they'll have room for all of them including Sheperd when he's healthy and I haven't even mentioned Golladay