• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Nothing about how we've approached this offseason lines up to that, though. Would be no reason to go spend $15-18M on Odell Beckham (with $11-14M hitting the cap in year 2) if we were going to go to a rookie/second rate QB.
Maybe they're thinking "Let's not make the same mistake again" and want to acclimate a rookie to NFL with real weapons at his disposal and Snoop as a fail over?

Simba

Staff Member
Maybe they're thinking "Let's not make the same mistake again" and want to acclimate a rookie to NFL with real weapons at his disposal and Snoop as a fail over?
Just doesn't make sense to do all of the cap maneuvering we've done, even beyond Odell, for us just to go with a young guy.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I need some more Hopkins news dog

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Spongebob: The Media with their clickbait
Squidward: Ravens fans just wanting to know what's happening.

dflisbh-8d2cb123-a690-45d0-b458-7d8b3b9265b8.gif

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I guess I’ll be the guy but we’re all forgetting the elephant in the room: Health. DHop, OBJ, Lamar, and Batemen can’t stay healthy. Have any of those guys even played a full season in the last three years? We shouldn’t be going to cap hell for injury prone 30+ year old WRs. I just don’t see DHop making any sense unless EDC is feeling desperate and a reckless.

Keep 19, keep throwing darts at the WR draft board. It will work with EDC in charge.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I guess I’ll be the guy but we’re all forgetting the elephant in the room: Health. DHop, OBJ, Lamar, and Batemen can’t stay healthy. Have any of those guys even played a full season in the last three years? We shouldn’t be going to cap hell for injury prone 30+ year old WRs. I just don’t see DHop making any sense unless EDC is feeling desperate and a reckless.

Keep 19, keep throwing darts at the WR draft board. It will work with EDC in charge.

Health is the question for sure but it's also the idea of trying to keep DHop, OBJ, Bateman and Andrews happy. Bateman hasn't really accomplish a awhole lot but I doubt he's going to be happy to be The Ravens number 3 receiver if The Ravens do indeed add DHOP. I guess his opinion or feelings on the matter wouldn't necessarily count but it's the reality of the situation.