• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any centers or tackles on the free agent pile worth signing? I feel fine with Merkari filling in , but who the hell is Mustipher?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Computer is in the shop, so hopefully I'll get it back tomorrow and finish writing up the Week 2 Previews. Found out something is wrong with the disc drive which is causing it to run slow. Trying to hold off on buying a new computer until the holidays or early next year.

So go ahead @rossihunter2 and post the Week 2 thread and I'll fill in my preview tomorrow hopefully once I get my computer back. Which also reminds me, I need to reactivate my Prime before Thursday's game.

marklar

Pro Bowler
Didn't realize I put this is in the signings and cuts thread lol. I thought I clicked on the random thought thread. Alright well...

I'm announcing that I may have to cut my old computer and sign a new one. Trying to hold off by putting a band aid on it with a tune up lol.
Try deer antler spray...

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Any centers or tackles on the free agent pile worth signing? I feel fine with Merkari filling in , but who the hell is Mustipher?
Mustipher's a former Bears C, who their fans think is a back up level player, but he looked pretty good in the preseason and he's still relatively young, so there's hope.

Kyle Fuller is a terrible C, who is probably only short term injury cover for Mustipher because our other back up C will be playing Left Tackle. He'll probably be active but we're in big trouble if we see him on the field.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Mustipher's a former Bears C, who their fans think is a back up level player, but he looked pretty good in the preseason and he's still relatively young, so there's hope.

Kyle Fuller is a terrible C, who is probably only short term injury cover for Mustipher because our other back up C will be playing Left Tackle. He'll probably be active but we're in big trouble if we see him on the field.
not a fan of either Mustipher or Fuller, but with Mustipher being young, I could see our coaching staff turning him around....to an extent.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
not a fan of either Mustipher or Fuller, but with Mustipher being young, I could see our coaching staff turning him around....to an extent.
No, but he's a back up Center. If you haven't drafted one, or found a Colon-style UDFA, you have to get by with these type of guys.

What Mustipher does have going for him is 332lbs. Cincinnati are big on the interior and Linderbaum might have struggled against Reader and Hill, anyway.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No, but he's a back up Center. If you haven't drafted one, or found a Colon-style UDFA, you have to get by with these type of guys.

What Mustipher does have going for him is 332lbs. Cincinnati are big on the interior and Linderbaum might have struggled against Reader and Hill, anyway.
Linderbaum probably would have been better and I'd love to see him in his year 2 healthy. He did great last year, plus we are playing more zbs this year, although we did do a decent of ZBS last year also.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Linderbaum probably would have been better and I'd love to see him in his year 2 healthy. He did great last year, plus we are playing more zbs this year, although we did do a decent of ZBS last year also.
Agreed. Linderbaum would be better. I just meant that in this particular game the difference might not be as stark as usual because it's not a great match-up for Tyler.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Might need to make a trade , but im sure no one is giving away quality tackles or centers these days

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Might need to make a trade , but im sure no one is giving away quality tackles or centers these days
We need so much for next season that we can't be giving away picks to upgrade the back up Center position for a few weeks.

I'm hoping Mustipher will be OK but, if both options are truly terrible, there's always the option of moving Mekari inside and trying Faalele at LT. (Not that I think they'd even consider that unless C was an absolute unplayable disaster.)

Tank

Hall of Famer
I am surprised. I actually thought he would have a bounce back year. I was really hoping we would resign him. I guess it is a good thing we did not.

I felt the same. If this continues to be the case I’ll gladly take this L. If his play isn’t up to par then he wasn’t worth it.
Yeah, MP was my mainest man, hate to see him struggle.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Size doesn't mean nothing. Guarantee Tyler would take Sam down in a wrestling match just like he did Tristan Wirfs. He can handle any big NT and we need him back pronto. I hope Mustipher holds up well but right now I'm worried about the line for run blocking this game.