• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah it wasn’t an I didn’t like Mads type of thing (but not quite as much as you). I just really liked Elliott. And then Gallimore a distant 3rd. Part of the fun of scouting lol

haha i forgot about gallimore lol
that was a pretty fun DT class even though a bunch havent turned into anything...

brown
kinlaw
madubuike
gallimore
elliott
blacklock
davis
hamilton
agim

Simba

Staff Member
Also got some good info on Tyus the other night, and it seems like his time in Baltimore will be coming to an end if that wasn't obviously already. Apparently Ravens doctors cleared him back in training camp, but Tyus didn't feel ready and his team agreed. They agreed to NFI to give him 4 weeks to feel more comfortable. When that time came to an end, they were shocked to hear that he didn't feel ready yet. They started pushing it through about the midpoint of the season, at which point they kind of stopped caring and were more content with the cap credit for the rest of the season. Sounds like that relationship is fractured and not much to be done at this point. Would have been a monetary decision this offseason regardless.

Simba

Staff Member
But what's Tyus' deal? He's not getting paid enough?
That's kind of the unknown. He's a guy that really believes in taking care of his body a certain way and that's the prevailing thought. Doesn't seem monetary. Just kind of wants to feel perfect instead of battling through it.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
That's kind of the unknown. He's a guy that really believes in taking care of his body a certain way and that's the prevailing thought. Doesn't seem monetary. Just kind of wants to feel perfect instead of battling through it.
Does anyone think he is gonna magically start feeling good for the playoffs? Like is he doing something like that? Or it is already predecided he's not playing

Simba

Staff Member
Does anyone think he is gonna magically start feeling good for the playoffs? Like is he doing something like that? Or it is already predecided he's not playing
I didn't get into that level of detail so not saying anything with certainty, but inferring based on the conversation that he's not necessarily in the plans. Doesn't mean if he said he was ready to start practicing in the coming weeks that they wouldn't let him and see if they could still use him. Just got the impression that they'd view him as a bonus, not an expectation at this point.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
But what's Tyus' deal? He's not getting paid enough?
Ravens doctors cleared him and reports in October were communication was not occurring between Harbs/Medical team and Tyus. Essentially Tyus and his team say they know better and he is fine with losing 250k a week over it.

With the medical team clearing him AND the team giving him an extra four weeks post clearance … leads you to believe this is not a physical issue… It doesn’t seem to be coming from a place of maliciousness on Tyus part, might just be mentality check out, but ya never know maybe he really has a beef with the team.

Simba

Staff Member
Ravens doctors cleared him and reports in October were communication was not occurring between Harbs/Medical team and Tyus. Essentially Tyus and his team say they know better and he is fine with losing 250k a week over it.

With the medical team clearing him AND the team giving him an extra four weeks post clearance … leads you to believe this is not a physical issue… It doesn’t seem to be coming from a place of maliciousness on Tyus part, might just be mentality check out, but ya never know maybe he really has a beef with the team.
It doesn't seem to be anything like that. It's a physical issue... just a disagreement on the physical issue and the severity. What my guy essentially said is that Tyus wants to feel 100% before he goes out there, and while the Ravens recognize that there is an issue, it's not one they think should prevent him from playing.

And I'll say, it's hard to disagree with the Ravens in this instance. Not like Tyus is walking around on torn ligaments. An injury like he has, rumored to be some sort of sprain, should not take an entire season to heal.