• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DUMP THREAD v.8: NEW BOARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
*suppliment*
1) steak should be room temperature when placing in the pan. Never freeze a steak..
2) rub the steak in some sea salt and crushed black pepper. ( don't use Mortions salt. Throw that crap away )
3) use a spatula or tongs to move the steak. Not a fork.
4) learn the hand technique for testing doness. Do not poke with a probe.
Drunken me forgot to mention these things. Thanks.

And as a college student my entire budget is blown on the steak(was a special night for me last night so I cooked myself a Strip).

One more supplement.

1.Take steaks out of the fridge 20 min before you cook.
2. Use high heat.
3. Don't use too much buttter. Then it taste like Ruth's Chris. Aka you ruin the steak.

K-Dog

MVP
Drunken me forgot to mention these things. Thanks.

And as a college student my entire budget is blown on the steak(was a special night for me last night so I cooked myself a Strip).

One more supplement.

1.Take steaks out of the fridge 20 min before you cook.
2. Use high heat.
3. Don't use too much buttter. Then it taste like Ruth's Chris. Aka you ruin the steak.

I question your authority on steak after reading #3.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I question your authority on steak after reading #3.
Ruth's Chris= overrated as hell. A good steak should not have too much butter. You need to taste the flavor of the beef mostly. Too much butter overtakes the thing. Every time I've been to a Ruth's Chris, it's like I'm eating a piece of meat that's baked in butter, boiled in butter, and lastly, basted in a pan anyway. I've never had a good meal at Ruth's Chris that warrants me paying that much money. Although it is a lot better than say an outback.. BUT STILL. Too much butter= bad steak.

K-Dog

MVP
Ruth's Chris= overrated as hell. A good steak should not have too much butter. You need to taste the flavor of the beef mostly. Too much butter overtakes the thing. Every time I've been to a Ruth's Chris, it's like I'm eating a piece of meat that's baked in butter, boiled in butter, and lastly, basted in a pan anyway. I've never had a good meal at Ruth's Chris that warrants me paying that much money. Although it is a lot better than say an outback.. BUT STILL. Too much butter= bad steak.
we are gonna disagree on this one. Not the best steak I have ever had, but it is top five. Easy. It is an amazing steak.

Location a factor ? *shrugs*

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
we are gonna disagree on this one. Not the best steak I have ever had, but it is top five. Easy. It is an amazing steak.

Location a factor ? *shrugs*
I tend to distrust chain steakhouses. I've had two good "prime" ones ever(business dinners with the old man have provided me interesting experiences). Elway's in Cherry Creek(he's a traitor but damnit his chefs know had to make a damn good steak), and Fleming's. Never been to Morton's though and everyone tells me they're good.

Ruth's Chris isn't bad, but I've been to some better places. For a hell of a lot cheaper than I can get there.

Boulder Chophouse makes a better ribeye for $10 less
Elway's makes a damn good Ribeye too
Forbes Mill in the East Bay makes arguably the best Ribeye I've ever had.(Ribeye is my favorite. I like a good filet and a good strip, but I generally go Ribeye).
Duo in Maui is arguably the best steak I've ever had.
Cork in Boulder isn't terrible.
Guard in Grace in Denver is next on my list and it's apparently fabulous.

K-Dog

MVP
The best steak I ever had was at the inlaws. They live(ed) way out in western Maryland. Lots of farms and what not. A friend of theirs had a cattle farm. The steak I had ( ribeye) was mooing two days prior.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
The best steak I ever had was at the inlaws. They live(ed) way out in western Maryland. Lots of farms and what not. A friend of theirs had a cattle farm. The steak I had ( ribeye) was mooing two days prior.
Nice. I like a home cooked steak better. It's easy to do, it just takes time.

Duo in Maui was great. But my mother makes a killer one with sauteed spinach and sweet potatoes(my favorite way to eat it)

K-Dog

MVP
Nice. I like a home cooked steak better. It's easy to do, it just takes time.

Duo in Maui was great. But my mother makes a killer one with sauteed spinach and sweet potatoes(my favorite way to eat it)

My wife makes a kick ass steak with crab imperial.
Give me a halla next time you are in Maryland.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He is WAY too young to be referring to that song.
My parents forced me to listen to Tina Turner when growing up.I like her, but kind of resent that song.

Baby, don't hurt me?
THANK YOU! In a psychology class at CU there was a question of "what is love in four words". Nobody except me was able to figure out it was "baby don't hurt me". Not necessarily a big fan of the song, but still catchy(though the best answer was "love is Cheesecake Factory).

And.. Well I didn't think of having a prize.

Should have thought this through.

I could donate more money to the hurricane efforts. Which btw, glad to hear that everything is okay with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.