• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General Front 7 Thread

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pryce, Ngata, Gregg, A.Thomas, Suggs, B.Scott, R.Lewis, C-Mac, S.Rolle, D.Landry, Ed Reed

That is the most talented D we have ever had. Let's get real here ( 2006 )

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Gotcha, but certainly doesn't account for most of it.
Definitely not and I agree that some injuries you just can't avoid, shit happens. But the pile of crap that's happening to the Ravens on the injury front since SB year is so big that there has to be some more scientific explanation for it.

That's the one of the things I was referring to ^^ as in "we're not doing stuff right"
Looking back on that post, I forgot to note that some of those players didn't have documented injury history, with that said we've given opportunities to players who have problems with staying healthy and that includes Perriman and Woodhead among others. I don't really have an answer outside of that, it's the legit best you can do, just because someone is an iron man it doesn't mean that they can't go down.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looking back on that post, I forgot to note that some of those players didn't have documented injury history, with that said we've given opportunities to players who have problems with staying healthy and that includes Perriman and Woodhead among others. I don't really have an answer outside of that, it's the legit best you can do, just because someone is an iron man it doesn't mean that they can't go down.
Perriman didn't have a big injury history.

Perriman didn't have a big injury history.
Yeah but we gave him the benefit of the doubt after his second injury which was my point, sometimes you have to question whether you can trust him to stay healthy and then he misses a whole pre-season to a hamstring. Maybe the Ravens should have never depended on him to stay healthy in the 1st place.

K-Dog

MVP
Definitely not and I agree that some injuries you just can't avoid, shit happens. But the pile of crap that's happening to the Ravens on the injury front since SB year is so big that there has to be some more scientific explanation for it.

I mean you sure would like to think there is. I am no scientist by any means but I feel like I can hold my own when it comes to logic and reason, and with the Ravens injuries I just can't come up with anything that would not have been already addressed.
I mean if it were bones getting broke only. Drink more milk.
If it were muscle pulls, stretch more.
There is not enough of a common denominator with the injuries other than the the team the players just happen to be playing for.
*shrugs*
I don't know. It is just so bizarre. It really is.
Maybe Harbs didn't click "like" on facebook for that kid with cancer and now the team is paying the price.

Theres two "scientific" reasons that players get injured, either theyre made of glass like Urban, Camp, Gillmore etc or its a freak injury.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Theres two "scientific" reasons that players get injured, either theyre made of glass like Urban, Camp, Gillmore etc or its a freak injury.
I know fairly recently UPenn was identifying a possible genetic link in players who are more injury prone. Could be pretty revolutionary to sports if they find a link.

I know fairly recently UPenn was identifying a possible genetic link in players who are more injury prone. Could be pretty revolutionary to sports if they find a link.

Its absolutely genetic, some players are far more prone to injury than others yet we still draft them and keep them here for 4 years. If we bring in a guy like Stanley (who if I recall correctly never missed a game for Notre Dame) and hes been dinged up, well you cant account for that. What you can account for is perrenial salary cap thieves like Urban and Camp, we know better yet theyre still here producing nothing.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
This Urban injury is going to hurt like crazy if Williams doesn't come back fast. For all this depth the Ravens had at a lot of positions it sure seemed to have disappeared overnight.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
B-Will was missed huh, Timmy J would have filled in nicely smh lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
B-Will was missed huh, Timmy J would have filled in nicely smh lol
Jernigan didn't do much with Brandon Williams next to him. Whats to say that he would have done anything with him not in the lineup. Jernigan was way overrated by some. We did hold Fournette to 3.5 yards per carry without BWill on the field, but we had a lot less pressure on Bortles this week as opposed to the previous two weeks.