• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Soccer

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
It's a shame Rennes didn't knock Arsenal out but I think you exceeded all expectations with the first leg result so it's not as though you're not able to hold your heads high and say you did your best.

Liverpool vs Porto in the quarter-finals with a potential semi-final against Man United or Barcelona, I'll take that!!

Simba

Staff Member
Some interesting matchups in the Champions League draw. Of course, I'm pulling for my Man City boys, but a lot of the matchups should be fun. I'm looking forward to watching Ajax. They've obviously been over-performing a bit, but there's a lot of young talent on that squad.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We all know Leo Messi isn't a human from this planet but this is unreal.
Great reaction by Betis fans, too.

Last edited:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Man, 48 years without any trophy. I never saw my team win anything in my entire life until yesterday. This is the best. What the hell has happened to us this year??? I just hope we can keep it going for years to come.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Man, 48 years without any trophy. I never saw my team win anything in my entire life until yesterday. This is the best. What the hell has happened to us this year??? I just hope we can keep it going for years to come.
I saw long highlight video.
PSG had lot of chances to put you away but you missed some, too and had a good fight back.
I cannot understand why they keep Cavani on the bench. That's bordering on crime.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I saw long highlight video.
PSG had lot of chances to put you away but you missed some, too and had a good fight back.
I cannot understand why they keep Cavani on the bench. That's bordering on crime.
I'm not gonna lie, we pushed hard between the 30th and the 60th to get that equalizer, but otherwise we were completely dominated. I was definitely not happy when Cavani came on the pitch, that was typically a game where his presence in the box was valuable.
Overall it was just a game of perseverance for us and fortunately our keeper was amazing for once. Proud of my boys.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Congrats Jacq!

I can't believe I'm experiencing a season where we could finish on 97 points, lose just one game and and still not win the league. It's absurd!! I can't wait for the game against Barca.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Congrats Jacq!

I can't believe I'm experiencing a season where we could finish on 97 points, lose just one game and and still not win the league. It's absurd!! I can't wait for the game against Barca.
I thought I was the only Liverpool fan around here
Well, except when Liverpool played Red Star

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
I thought I was the only Liverpool fan around here
Well, except when Liverpool played Red Star

Alabama, Ravens, Liverpool - this is getting weird mate haha. Nice to know I'm not alone! That away game against Red Star was brutal, I had nightmares for days.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Other news from Rennes, you guys should remember the name of Eduardo Camavinga. At 16 years old and 3 months he had his first start in Ligue 1 after several appearance. Extremely promising midfielder who has been pegged as our biggest talent since Lord Ousmane Dembele.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
I can't believe what I've just watched. I missed the first 50 minutes because I was at training with my under 11's team, not sure I would have survived watching the full game. I've not celebrated a win like that in a long time. It was great to see the emotion on the players' faces at the end.

Barcelona didn't deserve to win the first leg 3-0 but we 100% deserved that second leg result.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't believe what I've just watched. I missed the first 50 minutes because I was at training with my under 11's team, not sure I would have survived watching the full game. I've not celebrated a win like that in a long time. It was great to see the emotion on the players' faces at the end.

Barcelona didn't deserve to win the first leg 3-0 but we 100% deserved that second leg result.
The scenes after FT and the YNWA. Amazing.