• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Black Monday - 2019

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Cowboys are hiring Mike Nolan to be their Defensive Coordinator, first hire for McCarthy.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Cowboys are hiring Mike Nolan to be their Defensive Coordinator, first hire for McCarthy.
In the early years of Dan Snyder ownership, when Norv Turner was still coach, Mike Nolan was the defensive coordinator. I remember one or two occasions that Dan Snyder hated how vanilla Mike Nolan's defense was and he put vanilla ice cream, without a plate, on Nolan's desk for him to find it in the morning.

In the early years of Dan Snyder ownership, when Norv Turner was still coach, Mike Nolan was the defensive coordinator. I remember one or two occasions that Dan Snyder hated how vanilla Mike Nolan's defense was and he put vanilla ice cream, without a plate, on Nolan's desk for him to find it in the morning.

Mate, free ice cream is free ice cream

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wow.... Marvin Lewis was the rooney rule interview. I thought for sure McCarthy was going to end up in Cleveland.
I think one thing often overlooked in these interviews is the interview process itself. People often forget (or perhaps don’t view interviews this way) that interviews go both ways for both people. Sometimes feelings are one-sided. Perhaps after McCarthy interviewed he didn’t like the opportunity as much, or maybe he just liked the DAL job more.

especially how much McCarthy wanted to be in Cleveland last year.
A lot can change in a year and the DAL gig wasn’t around back then. He also could’ve seen what happened in CLE this year and after his interview realized the organization itself wasn’t for him.

I definitely think Bieniemy becomes a HC before Greg. Not sure where but I’d be more surprised if he’s not hired than if Roman is. That leaves two spots—Browns and Giants. I wish McDaniels would go to CLE. That would be great but I’m not sure he will. Perfect place for him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think one thing often overlooked in these interviews is the interview process itself. People often forget (or perhaps don’t view interviews this way) that interviews go both ways for both people. Sometimes feelings are one-sided. Perhaps after McCarthy interviewed he didn’t like the opportunity as much, or maybe he just liked the DAL job more.

A lot can change in a year and the DAL gig wasn’t around back then. He also could’ve seen what happened in CLE this year and after his interview realized the organization itself wasn’t for him.

I definitely think Bieniemy becomes a HC before Greg. Not sure where but I’d be more surprised if he’s not hired than if Roman is. That leaves two spots—Browns and Giants. I wish McDaniels would go to CLE. That would be great but I’m not sure he will. Perfect place for him

bieniemy deserves a HC job 100% was so odd that he didnt get more consideration last year - especially with how so many teams were looking for new offensive minds

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
bieniemy deserves a HC job 100% was so odd that he didnt get more consideration last year - especially with how so many teams were looking for new offensive minds
Agreed. I find it extremely unlikely one of those jobs aren’t his.

How many guys have Browns interviewed? It has to have reached double digits, right?

The risk of us losing a coordinator seems to be dropping. Cowboys job gone (though I never thought that would be an option). Ruhle front runner for NYG. CAR hasn’t expressed interest in either. Who knows what CLE will do but have to think McDaniels is going to land one of those openings.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
How many guys have Browns interviewed? It has to have reached double digits, right?

The risk of us losing a coordinator seems to be dropping. Cowboys job gone (though I never thought that would be an option). Ruhle front runner for NYG. CAR hasn’t expressed interest in either. Who knows what CLE will do but have to think McDaniels is going to land one of those openings.
One more interview requested

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One more interview requested

my god they're gonna draw this out - hopefully the fact that they are still unsatisfied means roman's safer - because they are unlikely to be able to interview him again (if they wanted to) until after we're done with the superbowl lol

then again with the fewer than normal number of vacancies there's less of a need to race and compete for the candidates you want - there's 3 jobs and all 3 organisations seem to be looking for very different things

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

definitely closing in on double digits. I think it's at nine per the Browns board.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is not good guys

per Ian Rappaport, Rhule is the new head coach of the Panthers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So are Stefanski or Mcdaniels still the favourites in cleveland? is there even a favourite in cleveland?
literally nothing except hype about rhule has even come out of the giants from their process - they've interviewed or scheduled interviews with lots of candidates but not a peep out of any of them...

does eric bieniemy not get a HC job again?