• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Division Round vs Titans

rossihunter2

Staff Member
has anyone gone back to the 2018 and 2017 tape to see how we stopped derrick henry in those games? the most all-purpose yards he had in either of those games was 36 total and a td...

my guess is it has something to do with t sizzle and CJ but probably also a lot down to pierce and b will...

like im not not worried about henry but i also dont expect him to go off on us the way chubb did or the way he did last week

redrum52

Hall of Famer
has anyone gone back to the 2018 and 2017 tape to see how we stopped derrick henry in those games? the most all-purpose yards he had in either of those games was 36 total and a td...

my guess is it has something to do with t sizzle and CJ but probably also a lot down to pierce and b will...

like im not not worried about henry but i also dont expect him to go off on us the way chubb did or the way he did last week

I'm not worried about limiting him either, but pretty sure he was barely used in the previous matchups.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
i didnt get the impression that he knew ingram would be out though - he said what we expected which is that ingram's going to be day-to-day and so he doesnt for sure know what his role will be (which definitely suggests there's a decent chance ingram plays) but that he's ready for whatever his role is going to be
I just got the sense that Gus expects to play a lot because Ingram may have had a setback. How else do you go from 'he'll be a full go in practice' to him missing practice? But, maybe I'm reading more into it that I should.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I just got the sense that Gus expects to play a lot because Ingram may have had a setback. How else do you go from 'he'll be a full go in practice' to him missing practice? But, maybe I'm reading more into it that I should.

per rapsheet he felt some tightness so was held out - and tbf with ingram and other vets "full go" includes days off anyway

and tbh i didnt get that impression from gus - i got the sense that he is preparing as if he'll start (like he always does) and deal with it as it comes... there's still at least 2 more days of practice left too

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
per rapsheet he felt some tightness so was held out - and tbf with ingram and other vets "full go" includes days off anyway

and tbh i didnt get that impression from gus - i got the sense that he is preparing as if he'll start (like he always does) and deal with it as it comes... there's still at least 2 more days of practice left too
Every player should practice as if they will start. It would be stupid otherwise and if they didn’t they should be cut. Just my opinion.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

They didn't use Henry much at all back then. He started getting more touches from late 2018 season.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well both of us are hoping that Ingram is suited up for the game. We'll just wait and see and hope. He's going to be an important part of our offense.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kinda befuddled that andrews is still limited in training. Thought his injury vs the browns was hardly serious.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kinda befuddled that andrews is still limited in training. Thought his injury vs the browns was hardly serious.
It could be nothing and perhaps we want to not tire him out rather than push him. We know what we have in him.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man, The Titans are so predictable on 1st and 10 if they read pass or if the offense they are facing is up against 3rd and long/2nd and long. I'm reasonably sure that they are coached on 1st and ten to drop into cover two underneath if the quarterback drops to throw....consistently. Tons of deep cover two.and their players are not at all instinctive in zone coverage. Really rote, predictable and robotic stuff so far as execution and of course, called by none other than Pees.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Man, The Titans are so predictable on 1st and 10 if they read pass or if the offense they are facing is up against 3rd and long/2nd and long. I'm reasonably sure that they are coached on 1st and ten to drop into cover two underneath if the quarterback drops to throw....consistently. Tons of deep cover two.and their players are not at all instinctive in zone coverage. Really rote, predictable and robotic stuff so far as execution and of course, called by none other than Pees.

I think the patriots definitely noticed that on film with the way they attached the titans on their opening drive of wildcard weekend

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Pierce and B will need to play their best game of the playoff run in THIS game.
I can see Ricard getting more defensive snaps in this one, we need to bust their O line zone plays to get to DH before he gets into stride. Also need a good game from our LBs cleaning up everything that gets through.

I think Henry’s poor performances against us back then had more to do with him than with us. He just seemed to be so tentative during that timeframe and starting late last year he got locked in and is so much more decisive and confident.

I was in Nashville for our beatdown of the Titans in the shutout record breaking sack game. A Titans fan sitting next to me made a comment on Henry that I thought was hilarious and I never forgot. He said Henry “Looks like Tarzan, runs like Jane”. Well everything he does right now looks like Tarzan and Jane is nowhere to be seen.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/teams/bal/baltimore-ravens
MARK INGRAMRB, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Ravens OC Greg Roman called Mark Ingram (calf) "day to day."
The Ravens are going to try and keep Ingram's true health status close to the vest this week, so we'll have to wait on official practice reports and the final injury designation before knowing if Ingram will play against the Titans. The only thing we know right now is Ingram was feeling "tightness" at practice earlier in the week. If he can't suit up, Gus Edwards and rookie Justice Hill will be the top backs in this Lamar Jackson-led attack.

PuRock

Practice Squad
Needed someplace to go to talk Ravens.

My current thoughts:
+Weather models are looking good. The most recent short-range NAM model has rain no where close at 7pm Saturday. GFS has light rain. I think no rain helps the Ravens.
+Doubting that Ingram plays. Gus is more than capable of handling the ball. But that mesh point drop off is huge between Ingram & Lamar.
+Feeling nervous about this game. But I have faith in Lamar. Never had as much faith in a player before (Maybe Reed - but he couldn't change the outcome like Lamar can).