• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Division Round vs Titans

rossihunter2

Staff Member

so this is interesting - the chubb td wasnt outside zone - the mostert and hyde ones were im pretty sure - but outside some splash plays we've been pretty strong overall - the 49ers gashed us with it but then we found a way to stop it with jihad ward

expect jihad ward to get a lot of snaps at edge if we think this is the way for us to stop jaylon ferguson being taken advantage of in the running game

I’m hoping we see a parallel to the 2009 playoffs where the Ravens were in the role the Titans are currently in. With the 6 seed we went to Foxboro and shocked the Pats with a huge rushing performance. We were hot and ready to roll into Indy, who were 14-2 and held the 1 seed. Indy had a poorly ranked rush D so it was obvious we were going to ram it down their throat burn clock and keep Peyton on the sidelines. We had a legitimate shot at another upset.

Result? We scored 3 points.

They sold out on stopping the run and we never tried to counter. Now they unfortunately don’t have Cam as their OC and will have more faith in Tannehill than we had in Flacco at the time but I love the parallel here. Titans got their signature win and can be happy with their season. Our signature wins are waiting for us beyond this game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m hoping we see a parallel to the 2009 playoffs where the Ravens were in the role the Titans are currently in. With the 6 seed we went to Foxboro and shocked the Pats with a huge rushing performance. We were hot and ready to roll into Indy, who were 14-2 and held the 1 seed. Indy had a poorly ranked rush D so it was obvious we were going to ram it down their throat burn clock and keep Peyton on the sidelines. We had a legitimate shot at another upset.

They sold out on stopping the run and we never tried to counter. Now they unfortunately don’t have Cam as their OC and will have more faith in Tannehill than we had in Flacco at the time but I love the parallel here. Titans got their signature win and can be happy with their season. Our signature wins are waiting for us beyond this game.
The colts lost the SB that year so nah

rossihunter2

Staff Member

with regards to tannehill - Earl Thomas in his press conference today said we arent really worried about tannehill lol...

The colts lost the SB that year so nah
Well, we don't have to play the Saints - so we're good ...

Besides ... the parallel I was drawing with with respect to this game only, so I kind of like the comparison. The situation is pretty spot on. Beside, Indy probably rested starters and people were concerned about them being rusty.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lots of reports that Ingram not practicing today (also Ehinger, Smith and Thomas - Thomas already said earlier he was getting a vet day - smith has often had vet days)

this from rapsheet:

not particularly worried about his availability if this is true - just rest up

Vet day moved one day since we play Saturday

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think Ingram is going to play. Harbaugh said mild to moderate which means its a grade 2 strain. He'd really only be fit IMO for the superbowl if we get there. a grade 2 strain requires a good 5-6 weeks

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don't think Ingram is going to play. Harbaugh said mild to moderate which means its a grade 2 strain. He'd really only be fit IMO for the superbowl if we get there. a grade 2 strain requires a good 5-6 weeks
He was 100% last week apparently.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know about any of you, but I get this queasy feeling that Mark Ingram won't be playing on Saturday... just the way Gus talked about it told me he may not be a 100%. Anybody else share my feeling or am I off?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ingram will play. Harbs won’t show his hand until Friday, maybe even Saturday morning. Ingram will probably draw the Q tag this week, but he’ll play. Let the Titans study up on Gus and Justice.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
I hope Ingram doesn't play this week. It just seems too risky that soon and I don't think we need him. If the AFCCG is close in the second half, then put him in then. Otherwise, I'd be happy to have him stay safe until February.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
a grade 2 sprain means 5 to 6 weeks. A grade 2 strain doesn't have any tears.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hope Ingram doesn't play this week. It just seems too risky that soon and I don't think we need him. If the AFCCG is close in the second half, then put him in then. Otherwise, I'd be happy to have him stay safe until February.

honestly i think he plays - whether he's 100% is a different question but there's no question he's going to prepare as if he's playing - it may be that gus gets a slightly heavier load than he normally would but i do expect ingram to be out there - he does so much for us that the other 2 guys at the position cant do - ingram's great out of the backfield but has also been great in pass pro and picking up blitzers etc. and of course he's the best at the mesh point of all 3 guys - now i expect gus and lamar are getting a lot of practice together this week just in case but idk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't know about any of you, but I get this queasy feeling that Mark Ingram won't be playing on Saturday... just the way Gus talked about it told me he may not be a 100%. Anybody else share my feeling or am I off?

i didnt get the impression that he knew ingram would be out though - he said what we expected which is that ingram's going to be day-to-day and so he doesnt for sure know what his role will be (which definitely suggests there's a decent chance ingram plays) but that he's ready for whatever his role is going to be

redrum52

Hall of Famer
My close friend of the team tells me he's fine.

e.

Tank

Hall of Famer
My close friend of the team tells me he's fine.

e.
Does your friend work at the gym. lol

It seems they would rest him this week no matter his status. Since he worked well last week I’m guessing your friend is right.