• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Division Round vs Titans

I ain’t even gonna talk lmao. I don’t have to convince anyone of shit anymore, my team will do the convincing for me.

most titans fans have just enjoyed it while it lasted, a small portion still need that reality check lol, and oh boy it’s gonna be a brutal one.
Yeah I hear you but it’s seems like the things I said have some how escaped people over the last few weeks. Perhaps because these landmark accomplishments were finalized in a week where all the attention was drawn away from us and onto all the other teams that were fighting for position or for their playoff lives. But it seems they are barely being mentioned now and I feel they should be brought up.

But to make these amazing accomplishments stand up over time we’ve got to take it all the way which is why there is so much riding on this postseason. I’m feeling the pressure of the importance of these games. I suspect our players don’t - they just know they have to go out there and ball out like they have been and all will fall into place.

LETS GO!!!!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I hear you but it’s seems like the things I said have some how escaped people over the last few weeks. Perhaps because these landmark accomplishments were finalized in a week where all the attention was drawn away from us and onto all the other teams that were fighting for position or for their playoff lives. But it seems they are barely being mentioned now and I feel they should be brought up.

But to make these amazing accomplishments stand up over time we’ve got to take it all the way which is why there is so much riding on this postseason. I’m feeling the pressure of the importance of these games. I suspect our players don’t - they just know they have to go out there and ball out like they have been and all will fall into place.

LETS GO!!!!

what happens this week and then over the next 3 weeks really determine where this team stands in the annals of history - its hard not to be cognisant of that as a fan of the team but as you say the players definitely wont be thinking about that stuff - especially with Harbs as their coach

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chiefs fan here. We’re hoping you can win, cuz we’re looking forward to round 3. Mahomes got that 2-0 mojo!! Next week the invasion begins, so be prepared!
You make me laugh, not because you think you can actually beat us in Baltimore, but that you'll get past the Texans! They're 1-0 against you right?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Chiefs fan here. We’re hoping you can win, cuz we’re looking forward to round 3. Mahomes got that 2-0 mojo!! Next week the invasion begins, so be prepared!
Hope the Texans beat you again so we can whoop the Texans again. Either way, just remember your first two games were in Arrowhead. Welcome to the Bank where it's hostile and the city is full of emotion. Stay cocky little man, because as long as Reid is your coach, you'll never reach the Super Bowl ^_^

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Be careful what you wish for. You may have a 2-0 advantage against us, but both were close games and both were in Arrowhead. Not only that, this year you were playing us when our defense was a mess and as Ellicottraven just said, if you're going to say that Mahomes has that 2-0 mojo against us, well you'll need luck to get past the Texans and Watson's 1-0 mojo against KC. You also have Reid as the coach, so there's that.

You make me laugh, not because you think you can actually beat us in Baltimore, but that you'll get past the Texans! They're 1-0 against you right?

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad

When Nick Wright says that there won’t be the Cardinals and Dolphins to beat up on in the playoffs:

BC78DE73-7022-4AFB-9ABD-4378FBCD3B28.jpeg

When Nick Wright says you have to force Lamar to throw outside the numbers because that’s his weakness:

90C7C577-1D08-419E-A297-B5E317E02B0E.jpeg

Big nose nick is a clown.

If Lamar has opened my eyes to anything in the last two years, it’s that many prominent pundits in the sports entertainment business are lazy af and do no research or meaningful analysis. They just get an echo chamber opinion, settle in and then ride until they die despite all evidence to the contrary. It’s a pretty sad indictment on the state of the press in general honestly. Not unlike other forms of media.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

When Nick Wright says that there won’t be the Cardinals and Dolphins to beat up on in the playoffs:

View attachment 2154

When Nick Wright says you have to force Lamar to throw outside the numbers because that’s his weakness:

View attachment 2153

If Lamar has opened my eyes to anything in the last two years, it’s that many prominent pundits in the sports entertainment business are lazy af and do no research or meaningful analysis. They just get an echo chamber opinion, settle in and then ride until they die despite all evidence to the contrary. It’s a pretty sad indictment on the state of the press in general honestly. Not unlike other forms of media.

He's the real life Pinnochio. I find his nose gets longer every time he pulls up something from his butt and rationalizes his terrible take on Lamar! But, what I find absolutely riveting is how he tries so hard to talk like he's thoughtful and really intelligent! That cracks me up- him with furrowed brows, squints his eyes, takes a big pause and then spurts out the most unintelligent BS in that inimitable nasal baritone!

rossihunter2

Staff Member

View attachment 2154

View attachment 2153

nick "wrong" has been flip-flopping all over the place this week - got called out and then whined about getting called out by as he dubbed it "the lamar hive" and tried to qualify his point but then doubled down to make the same stupid point he made in that video about lamar not being able to pass the ball against better teams...

absolute imbecile - was more disappointed in cris canty the next day for not correcting him

so many media pundits getting big and being demonstrative about how they set lamar hoops to jump through but now that he's jumped through them they like him - but that's wrong because the hoops they set up for him were stupid in the first place and they now act as if it qualifies their analysis because he did the thing they thought he needed to do to be great - but forget to mention that they doubted he could do it...

i genuinely find these sorts of comments way more infuriating than pure hate on lamar because it's just as wrong but couched in a tone that pretends its right

ive ironically got way more respect for whitlock right now because when he finally came around to lamar (which took too long) he stopped putting qualifiers on it - he didnt pretend like he said it could happen "if", and he doesnt pretend lamar's not as good as he is - he's allowed his opinion to change while not pretending that he was somehow right when he had a different opinion earlier in the year

that's what grates me the most - these analysts refuse to admit they were wrong - they pretend they were still somehow right

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He's the real life Pinnochio. I find his nose gets longer every time he pulls up something from his butt and rationalizes his terrible take on Lamar! But, what I find absolutely riveting is how he tries so hard to talk like he's thoughtful and really intelligent! That cracks me up- him with furrowed brows, squints his eyes, takes a big pause and then spurts out the most unintelligent BS in that inimitable nasal baritone!

he's the one constant on that show and every time i see a clip, he's the least articulate and intelligent on there - he just grand-stands for attention and wastes time

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
nick "wrong" has been flip-flopping all over the place this week - got called out and then whined about getting called out by as he dubbed it "the lamar hive" and tried to qualify his point but then doubled down to make the same stupid point he made in that video about lamar not being able to pass the ball against better teams...

absolute imbecile - was more disappointed in cris canty the next day for not correcting him

so many media pundits getting big and being demonstrative about how they set lamar hoops to jump through but now that he's jumped through them they like him - but that's wrong because the hoops they set up for him were stupid in the first place and they now act as if it qualifies their analysis because he did the thing they thought he needed to do to be great - but forget to mention that they doubted he could do it...

i genuinely find these sorts of comments way more infuriating than pure hate on lamar because it's just as wrong but couched in a tone that pretends its right

ive ironically got way more respect for whitlock right now because when he finally came around to lamar (which took too long) he stopped putting qualifiers on it - he didnt pretend like he said it could happen "if", and he doesnt pretend lamar's not as good as he is - he's allowed his opinion to change while not pretending that he was somehow right when he had a different opinion earlier in the year

that's what grates me the most - these analysts refuse to admit they were wrong - they pretend they were still somehow right
Chris Canty is desperately auditioning for that Chris Carter spot on the show. He's not going to rock the boat...

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad

“these analysts refuse to admit they were wrong - they pretend they were still somehow right”

To that last point; Colin Cowherd went off the deep end yesterday in a flailing attempt to defend his pre-draft shit all over LJ narrative.

He’s apparently feeling the pressure from being so spectacularly wrong about Lamar that he took 6 minutes to rant about “revisionist history” by claiming that everyone was wrong about Lamar (they weren’t), including the ravens, and even doubled back to dragging Lamar’s college career which is completely insane.

So while he’s talking about “revisionist history” he shits on Lamar’s college completion percentage, which was better than Josh Allen’s (pick #7) and when adjusted for drops was 70%.

But this was the best part: he declared in the strongest language possible that Lamar played in the absolute worst conference in football. His implication being that Lamar had inflated numbers because he played in the MAC or something.

If you follow college football and have a memory longer than a gnat, you may recall things differently. If you don’t take Colin’s word for it and bother to examine the facts with a simple google search you learn that in Lamar’s 2016 Heisman season;

1. The ACC finished with 5 ranked teams in the final CFP top 25 poll - Clemson, Louisville, FSU, Virginia Tech and Pitt. You’ll also find UNC ranked most of that season.

2. The ACC produced the 2016 National Champion (Clemson)

3. 2016 ACC starting quarterbacks included, Deshaun Watson (Clemson), Lamar Jackson (Louisville), Daniel Jones (Duke), Mitch Trubisky (UNC). Each are current NFL starters.

4. The ACC had 43 players taken in the 2017 NFL draft, more than every conference but the SEC. Furthermore, you’ll find that this is regularly the case in any given year.

It’s just so dishonest and it’s all based around defending a damaged ego. It’s the same distortion of reality that dogged Lamar prior to the draft, the same clinging to narratives that literally have no factual basis. At this point it’s not even about Lamar to me as much as it is about people with huge media platforms trying to distort the fabric of reality for trite and petty reasons.

Last edited: