• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
So Harbaugh said Woodhead will miss at least four weeks and that Smith's injury isn't too serious.

Translation: Woodhead is going to retire, his career is over.

Smith will be euthanized this afternoon by forcibly making him overdose on sleeping pills. His injury is actually life threatening.

JOHN HARBAUGH IS EVIL
Harbs is flying in a day early coming down to your gym to call you out in week 5. :D

Last edited:

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
After watching the Beagles Texans game I tried to estimate where we were against Cincinnati compared with Houston.

My first thought was that maybe our defence isn't quite as good as we hoped. Yes we got sacks, a shutout and redzone turnovers, so we can't complain, but Houston hardly even let them into the redzone on short fields for most of the game. But, then again, Cincinnati were even worse on offence last night, so I'm interested to see how the defence plays against Cleveland.

Our run game looked more positive though. We got 3 or 4 ypc against 8 man boxes while Houston could barely make it back to the line of scrimmage. It looked like the Beagles have a pretty good run defence, but we still ran it well, which bodes well for our ability to run it against worse defences or 7 man boxes.

The Saints are shopping Kenny Vaccarro, although its unlikely we make an offer could you imagine how lethal our defense would be with him? the guy does everything

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Random thought.... Alex Collins impressed. Definitely deserves to see the ball more next week. His style of running works really well with the offensive line scheme. Hopefully he doesn't continue to fumble because that was an easy fumble to not have Sunday. But when he was on the field it was the first time this entire season when watching running backs I said holy shit to myself over and over whenever he had the ball. Please don't be a one game wonder.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
I feel they should give Collins limited carries this week and then bust him out against the Steelers. The less tape on him the better.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Saints are shopping Kenny Vaccarro, although its unlikely we make an offer could you imagine how lethal our defense would be with him? the guy does everything

You didn't finish your sentence there: the guy does everything awfully...

They are dropping him because he's been such a liability that even they don't want him - this guy is so done and would add literally nothing to virtually any defence in the NFL at this point - no way we even remotely consider him.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
To bring a bit of good news to the thread, the Ravens are second in the league in point differential. We're at +34, just one behind the Raiders. Doing that against two division opponents (even if one is the Browns) isn't a small accomplishment.

Also, for the first time in awhile, we are not playing down to our competition.

You didn't finish your sentence there: the guy does everything awfully...

They are dropping him because he's been such a liability that even they don't want him - this guy is so done and would add literally nothing to virtually any defence in the NFL at this point - no way we even remotely consider him.

I dont watch the Saints but the concensus is (paraphasing) hes physical but inconsistent, if nothing else hes a box safety and rangy LB in dime sets.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
To bring a bit of good news to the thread, the Ravens are second in the league in point differential. We're at +34, just one behind the Raiders. Doing that against two division opponents (even if one is the Browns) isn't a small accomplishment.

Also, for the first time in awhile, we are not playing down to our competition.
I noticed this as well.. The team has learned to pull forward a bit and then milk the games... Something this team hasn't been able to do in years... Even in the recent Super Bowl season the team couldn't do that..

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Can't remember who said they had the PFF account but can they make a thread for weekly grades? Thank you... that is all.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Random thought:

Anyone else noticed how the Steelers barely beat the Browns week 1 and then talks of them as Super Bowl contender followed.

The Ravens beat that same team by two touchdowns and the narrative is the Ravens have beaten two terrible teams.

I saw a video on Ebonybird - the little guy says hey the Ravens went 3-0 last year to subpar teams then fell off a cliff when they played real NFL teams ( okay that's fair since they did crumbled ) so ties that into this year and says sure they're 2-0 but The Bengals and The Browns together can't make a roster to compete.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Random thought:

Anyone else noticed how the Steelers barely beat the Browns week 1 and then talks of them as Super Bowl contender followed.

The Ravens beat that same team by two touchdowns and the narrative is the Ravens have beaten two terrible teams.

I saw a video on Ebonybird - the little guy says hey the Ravens went 3-0 last year to subpar teams then fell off a cliff when they played real NFL teams ( okay that's fair since they did crumbled ) so ties that into this year and says sure they're 2-0 but The Bengals and The Browns together can't make a roster to compete.
Same old shit.

Steelers didn't exactly shine vs Vikings (with backup QB) either.

Same old shit.

Steelers didn't exactly shine vs Vikings (with backup QB) either.

Right after they drafted Watt there were articles stating that they now have the best edge rush in the league. Bucky Brooks made up a bullshit article about future stars or something just so he coild gush about Watt.