• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Will always love Z but I’d be happy with signing Houston and calling it an off-season

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

nah. Z can stay there. We getting Jones. Tell Arthur to put in the word. #cometotheravens

F77AB2CD-7A22-491E-93A4-F6D212513A88.jpeg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ya’ll are treating this like a cross between Fantasy Football and Madden lol
It’s not for cap reasons, so trading them a player on a big salary isn’t an issue, and he wants traded so it’s better they get a return for him. Trades happen in the nfl, not sure why it’s fantasy/madden

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s not for cap reasons, so trading them a player on a big salary isn’t an issue, and he wants traded so it’s better they get a return for him. Trades happen in the nfl, not sure why it’s fantasy/madden

Because it takes a bit more analysis than see player, get player. What are the cap implications for making that trade for both teams? Can we actually afford him? Would they really be interested in an aging Campbell when another team could give them a better return?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
If I’m wrong then tell me. I’d love to see us bring a guy like Jones in, hands down. But I’m trying not to get my hopes up either

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
W
we do not have the cap space to take him on unless we immediately extended him and massively reduce his base salary in 2021
Well it is critical that we add another pass rusher this season . If we don't do well in the playoffs ,which we will surely be in , it will be pass rush this year that is our downfall. It won't be Lamar and the offense.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Because it takes a bit more analysis than see player, get player. What are the cap implications for making that trade for both teams? Can we actually afford him? Would they really be interested in an aging Campbell when another team could give them a better return?
Jones’ age and cap figure and the publicity of him wanting out of arizona already lowers the teams leverage.

if we can land chandler jones id happily lose calais campbell and restructure someone.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jones’ age and cap figure and the publicity of him wanting out of arizona already lowers the teams leverage.

if we can land chandler jones id happily lose calais campbell and restructure someone.

I’m definitely onboard with that. Much more so than the whole Julio fiasco lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i will say that he's the kind of player who'd potentially be worth that sort of financial manoeuvring -

Chandler Jones is arguably the best pass rusher over the last 5 seasons. Excluding his 5 game season last year, Jones has had over 72 sacks, all of those seasons were double digit sack seasons, with two of them being 17 and above. If we are going to spend a lot on an edge rusher, Jones would be the guy, I'd want him Baltimore over the next few seasons.

I have mixed feelings whether I'd want him in Baltimore, but it's only due to current and future cap considerations.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Marlon better help clear up some space and Lamar needs to take that into consideration when negotiating for a new contract lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
@Dom McRaven

How are we feeling about CJ? I’d be more than happy to land Houston, but Jones would be unfair. This is definitely an #SIIE situation, but the Council needs to get together and talk.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
A lot of people say there is no way we can pull this off, whether it’s jones or ZDS, but man I feel like this would be where Eric sees the most golden opportunity ever after searching for a pass rusher for years, and finds a way.