• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope so. What’s all you Raven fans thoughts on this whole thing?

Personally I hope for ya'lls sake that the drama ends very soon. I know it's gotta be nerve wracking going back and forth with one of your organization's best QB's of all-time like this. He essentially has the Pack hostage and I'm hoping it's over sooner than later.

Personally I hope for ya'lls sake that the drama ends very soon. I know it's gotta be nerve wracking going back and forth with one of your organization's best QB's of all-time like this. He essentially has the Pack hostage and I'm hoping it's over sooner than later.
Me too. You think we can go back to the SB someday with him?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
DeAngelo Tyson, who we drafted in the 7th round of the 2012 Draft and apart of our Super Bowl team that season announced that he has Colon Cancer. He started a Go Fund Me to help with finances and medical expenses. I saw that Zrebiec posted it, so I thought I post it here. Hopefully some in the Ravens organization see this and help him too.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-deangelo-fight-colon-cancer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nah! I don't get along particularly well with his mom.

Lamar’s gf / wife and his mom are about to get into his Lambo... who rides shotgun and who gets the backseat?

I wonder who would Lamar side with in this classic debate.

Last edited:

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
DeAngelo Tyson, who we drafted in the 7th round of the 2012 Draft and apart of our Super Bowl team that season announced that he has Colon Cancer. He started a Go Fund Me to help with finances and medical expenses. I saw that Zrebiec posted it, so I thought I post it here. Hopefully some in the Ravens organization see this and help him too.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-deangelo-fight-colon-cancer

Thoughts and prayers go out to him. I'm sure the Ravens organization has his back, we are way too classy of an organization to just ignore that.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar’s gf / wife and his mom are about to get into his Lambo... who rides shotgun and who gets the backseat?

I wonder who would Lamar side with in this classic debate.

Where I'm from, it's always respect your momma and you always respect your elders. Too bad the guy's married to that lady; she seems like a complete controlling douche

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Where I'm from, it's always respect your momma and you always respect your elders. Too bad the guy's married to that lady; she seems like a complete controlling douche
That video seems staged, that said, your wife is your right hand for life, once you leave the nest and go get married and start a family then your wife becomes the #1 woman in your life. Lucky for me, neither my mom nor my wife would ever make this a topic

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
That video seems staged, that said, your wife is your right hand for life, once you leave the nest and go get married and start a family then your wife becomes the #1 woman in your life. Lucky for me, neither my mom nor my wife would ever make this a topic

Nah brah. Your mom is always there, your wife could up and leave one day for dumb reasons (provided the Mom is a good one; I don't mean to offend anyone out there who may not have the best family situation/etc). You also respect your elders, which very clearly was NOT being done at all. But maybe we were taught differently, which there is nothing wrong with. I was raised in the South

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nah brah. Your mom is always there, your wife could up and leave one day for dumb reasons (provided the Mom is a good one; I don't mean to offend anyone out there who may not have the best family situation/etc). You also respect your elders, which very clearly was NOT being done at all. But maybe we were taught differently, which there is nothing wrong with. I was raised in the South
Well you don’t live with your mother and your mother isn’t raising your children and making your home, the woman in this video is clearly not acting as a respectable wife would so this is a poor example, but yeah I just don’t see how once your children are born and your wife is raising them, that she doesn’t have to take a 1b position to your wife’s 1a, y’all are a partnership and a team in everything in life, your mother is not.

As far as elders go, we’ll I’ve found many elders to be the most judgemental and morally warped people I’ve ever met, so respect for me is a merit thing, not a seniority thing, I absolutely respect my elders just as I respect anyone, until you give me reason not to.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well you don’t live with your mother and your mother isn’t raising your children and making your home, the woman in this video is clearly not acting as a respectable wife would so this is a poor example, but yeah I just don’t see how once your children are born and your wife is raising them, that she doesn’t have to take a 1b position to your wife’s 1a, y’all are a partnership and a team in everything in life, your mother is not.

As far as elders go, we’ll I’ve found many elders to be the most judgemental and morally warped people I’ve ever met, so respect for me is a merit thing, not a seniority thing, I absolutely respect my elders just as I respect anyone, until you give me reason not to.

I will agree to disagree my brotha! It's all good.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's a valid perspective lol, I appreciate the conversation

haha kind of funny. At first, this debate seems like a no brainer and dumb, then you see how people’s perspectives are different.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
haha kind of funny. At first, this debate seems like a no brainer and dumb, then you see how people’s perspectives are different.

Perspectives, values, upbringing, etc all factor into pretty much anything and everything. I got my ass handed to me if I ever disrespected an elder in any way, let alone yelled at them. Yelling at them in public? Damn, I may not be alive today had I done that... lmao

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Perspectives, values, upbringing, etc all factor into pretty much anything and everything. I got my ass handed to me if I ever disrespected an elder in any way, let alone yelled at them. Yelling at them in public? Damn, I may not be alive today had I done that... lmao
The disrespecting elders thing had a shelf life for me. When I was a kid or a teenager, agreed, it was a complete non-starter to disrespect an older person. Once I became an adult (really not much older than 18) and realized that most of my mom's side of the family, of which all of them would be considered my "elders" were just total trash human beings, I went out of my way to let them know just how trash they were.

One of the personal crowning achievements of my life (I got a wife and kids and I know they're "#1", but just from that personal achievement standpoint) was when I was 24 on Christmas Eve. My mother had died 6 months earlier, and had battled cancer for many years. During her struggles, almost none of her so-called "family" (she had 6 living siblings) wanted anything to do with her. No phone calls, no visits, nothing. They posted at the funeral and made their little courtesy grieving appearance, at that was it. And these were the family members who, when I was growing up, chastised my family for not living in the same town as them, living a life that didn't involve hanging with family 100% of the time, and just generally making something of themselves instead of working min wage jobs and convincing themselves they were better than everybody else because they were "blue collar". O, and it didn't help they all were from Pittsburgh, so I already thought less of them from an intelligence standpoint.

That Christmas Eve, I went to a bar with my dad and my brother, had several beers, then drove over to my cousins house, where all of the family congregates on Christmas Eve. I calmly went room to room, picking out the extraordinary pieces of shit that were her siblings and siblings kids, and I methodically told them how big a piece of shit they were, and that this would be the last time they'd ever see or hear from me again.

It was glorious.

And to close the loop, that's the moment I decided that just automatically "respecting elders" wasn't how I was going to live my life. Respect is earned, not handed out based on age. I didn't care how long these people had lived. I know what they've done with their lives and what they haven't, and what kind of people they are. And they didn't deserve my respect, so they got disrespected.

I'll raise my kids to be respectful when they're young, but to be able to make their own judgments about people as they get older.