• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
you could literally pick anyone because nowhere else in the world plays it well enough for it to even matter
you could send a bunch of under 21s like they do in the football competition at the olympics already and the USA would still win every game by 100 points

It was purely theoretical not meant to be taken seriously lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Aaron Donald- no more needs to be said; one man wrecking crew; can also play running back too, I am a huge believer in that with his power and athleticism

Action Jackson- he'd be absolutely unstoppable against world competition, who would have NEVER seen a guy this talented in the way he is talented

Tyreek Hill- another part of the Olympics is also about the entertainment factor; Hill is not only supremely talented, but put him with Lamar's speed/athleticism and we're talking fireworks

Quenton Nelson- need someone to block, why not Nelson?

Devin White- athleticism and explosiveness, again not only is the talent there in waves, but the entertainment factor would be up there as well

in an olympics environment, explosion and versatility will make a team almost invincible so for me it would be:

Lamar
Donald
Adams (if i didn't hate Hill on a moral level he'd be in with a shout here)
Travis Kelce
Zack Martin

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
in an olympics environment, explosion and versatility will make a team almost invincible so for me it would be:

Lamar
Donald
Adams (if i didn't hate Hill on a moral level he'd be in with a shout here)
Travis Kelce
Zack Martin

There we go! Looks like really the only place we disagree is the second defender being there. I think with Lamar/Hill, and possibly Donald coming in at times to be RB, we would have plenty offense. Donald needs someone pulling assist on defense though

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There we go! Looks like really the only place we disagree is the second defender being there. I think with Lamar/Hill, and possibly Donald coming in at times to be RB, we would have plenty offense. Donald needs someone pulling assist on defense though

the question wasn't about creating a 5 man team though was it?
thought it was just first 5 names on the teamsheet...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Definitely hard to say, because it definitely depends on what events they are participating in. I'd definitely take Lamar for any track and field event. RG3 had world class speed before his injuries also and was on the track and field team prior to injuries at Baylor. He had Olympic dreams. Now I definitely wouldn't include him. Of course, RG3 isn't a player anymore.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lamar is the 5th best rated QB in Madden 22 and Clowns fans on Reddit are throwing a fit, calling him an RB and all the usual, boring insults. I’m in there trolling and getting neg’d to oblivion. Worth it.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Wholesome content......

Attachments

• upload_2021-7-30_21-41-0.png
    upload_2021-7-30_21-41-0.png
    961.9 KB · Views: 156

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yikes. Dudes got zero awareness. Zero sense of timing. Plays like he’s stuck in first gear.

I’d cut him some slack there. Game was almost over, likely had no idea what the play call was, and the team as a whole had a rough game. We definitely overlooked Tenn as a team and a fan base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yikes. Dudes got zero awareness. Zero sense of timing. Plays like he’s stuck in first gear.

Looking more and more likely that Boykin will be the odd man out unless of course they find a trade partner. Very unlikely though. He plays soft despite his size.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d cut him some slack there. Game was almost over, likely had no idea what the play call was, and the team as a whole had a rough game. We definitely overlooked Tenn as a team and a fan base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta disagree there man, you should be going all out, less probable comebacks had happened before, it’s win or go home, and I’m not saying you gotta go out and make plays, but I’m saying you gotta have a sense of urgency to the max, he didn’t have any. That’s just not the kind of character this team has.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Lamar is the 5th best rated QB in Madden 22 and Clowns fans on Reddit are throwing a fit, calling him an RB and all the usual, boring insults. I’m in there trolling and getting neg’d to oblivion. Worth it.
90% probably dnt even play madden and 99% probably dnt even understand the value of qbs and how they actually work in madden

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m so fucking tired of the Lamar slander on OUR subreddit. @RaineV1 you know damn well they’re throwing personal attacks around about him and probably won’t stop even when he gets vaccinated, so I don’t know what you’re talking about when you said they’re not tearing him to shreds. I’m sick and tired of this sh!t. I’m about to delete my Reddit account. I’m not gonna get political but fuck

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m so fucking tired of the Lamar slander on OUR subreddit. @RaineV1 you know damn well they’re throwing personal attacks around about him and probably won’t stop even when he gets vaccinated, so I don’t know what you’re talking about when you said they’re not tearing him to shreds. I’m sick and tired of this sh!t. I’m about to delete my Reddit account. I’m not gonna get political but fuck

I just try to stay away from vaccine topics on those social platforms. The NFL subreddit is crazy too. Mods be censoring everything related to Vaccinations if it’s not positive.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
First off, no I haven't seen personal attacks of him there. And secondly, why are you so obsessed about random internet comments? Why are you letting these comments get you so upset? Maybe deleting your reddit account would be for the best if random people's comments are getting to you like this.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
First off, no I haven't seen personal attacks of him there. And secondly, why are you so obsessed about random internet comments? Why are you letting these comments get you so upset? Maybe deleting your reddit account would be for the best if random people's comments are getting to you like this.

Because as untrue as it may be, Lamar ‘feels’ like a brother to us (often like a little brother) and we defend our “family”. Wouldn’t you stand up for someone like that, even if you deep down know he doesn’t even know who you are?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because as untrue as it may be, Lamar ‘feels’ like a brother to us (often like a little brother) and we defend our “family”. Wouldn’t you stand up for someone like that, even if you deep down know he doesn’t even know who you are?
That depends. I'll stand up for his ability to play, yeah, but I've learned long ago not to get personally attached to players. Way too many of them have turned out to not be good people, or at least be disappointing in some way. Not to mention the sheer quantity of bad (or at times straight up racist) hot takes you see among sports fans, and times athletes bring it on themselves with bad public statements is simply overwhelming.

In the end you're only gonna end up hurting yourself if you put emotional weight into comments about sports and athletes, and I say this even as a huge fan of the Ravens.