• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
They haven’t played together much during training camp. I could see plenty of problems early on

the right side has spent plenty of time together - it's only stanley and whoever the starting LG is that havent played a ton together and i dont see a ton of issues with that

i think stanley might have some lingering things that stop him from being in game shape straight away

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
the right side has spent plenty of time together - it's only stanley and whoever the starting LG is that havent played a ton together and i dont see a ton of issues with that

i think stanley might have some lingering things that stop him from being in game shape straight away

Stanley showed no such thing in the action he saw in the preseason

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I totally agree with you! I guess all I'm saying is I don't think these are freak injuries. I don't know that there is anything that can be done. Does it make sense to reduced practice demands? Reduce the number of reps, reduce the number of injuries? I don't think it's that simple, but maybe small changes should be considered. Just really unsure honestly.
reduce practice demands. Seriously

Maybe you should pay attention to the practice routines back in the 70s 80s and 90s. Especially the 70s

They aren't playing two hand touch or flag football. Atleast Marcus Peters injury was doing routine drills. Not sure how Edwards happened.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
reduce practice demands. Seriously

Maybe you should pay attention to the practice routines back in the 70s 80s and 90s. Especially the 70s

They aren't playing two hand touch or flag football. Atleast Marcus Peters injury was doing routine drills. Not sure how Edwards happened.

I agree with you and Rossi. If these things happen due to volume, the only thing I can think of is to try and reduce volume. Maybe there is a way to be more efficient?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
My wife , who is a fitness expert , says there may be something wrong with the strength and
conditioning program of the Ravens with all of these ACL tears.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
My wife , who is a fitness expert , says there may be something wrong with the strength and

Unless you believe in luck/bad luck, then there’s an obvious problem somewhere. A few injuries is far far different than most of, if not entire positional units going down with similar injuries.

Btw I’m also a fitness expert… expert at “fitness” whole cheeseburger down my mouth

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Unless you believe in luck/bad luck, then there’s an obvious problem somewhere. A few injuries is far far different than most of, if not entire positional units going down with similar injuries.

it happens to a team every year - last year it was the 49ers - it is clearly just luck - hard for strength and conditioning guys to do anything about freak ligament injuries

if it were muscle strains etc. then fine but non-contact ACLs just seem like bad luck to me

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
it happens to a team every year - last year it was the 49ers - it is clearly just luck - hard for strength and conditioning guys to do anything about freak ligament injuries

if it were muscle strains etc. then fine but non-contact ACLs just seem like bad luck to me
If we’re gonna call out any strength and conditioning program, it should be the chargers. They go through this every goddamn year since like Malcolm Floyd days

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Last year it was the terrible field they have that caused that. Thought that was pretty commonly known

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If we’re gonna call out any strength and conditioning program, it should be the chargers. They go through this every goddamn year since like Malcolm Floyd days

also worth pointing out that other than 2017 and 2015, the ravens have been statistically in the top half of the NFL in terms of healthiest for most of the last decade - including an unprecedented number 1 healthiest team on 2 separate occasions (2011 and 2018)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We have had some of the fewest injuries ever since we have hired Steve Saunders, so I doubt he's the problem.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Lacie is so damn classy. Love our team from top to bottom.