• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like Owehs personality. He seems really nice and like a cool guy. Also super focused. Would be awesome if he becomes one of the faces of the franchise!
If you want to have both my kids be faces of the Ravens franchise, you better add me to the list! After all, I adopted both.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I could be wrong but the bills just arent a SB team to me man.
If Josh Allen who is morphing back into his old ways continues on that trajectory (likely), they're not going to make it. With weapons like he has in Diggs and Beasley, if he can't get the ball to them in space, he takes the Bills back to the stone age.
The bills defense has taken a MASSIVE step forward it appears. They began falling apart second half of week 1 but 6/8 quarters of football so far they’ve been dominant on defense

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The bills defense has taken a MASSIVE step forward it appears. They began falling apart second half of week 1 but 6/8 quarters of football so far they’ve been dominant on defense
Well, couple things...
1. It would appear that the first two teams they've played look extremely limited on offense. Neither Pittsburgh nor Miami is impressive at all on that side of the ball right now.
2. Defensively, I think they'll be average or slightly above average, much like last year. I don't see significant roster improvements on that end that would change that.
The biggest question I have is whether we're seeing a little regression to the mean from Josh Allen. The leap he made from year 2 to year 3 was absurd, even for QB standards. He's been a below average QB for the first two weeks this year (small sample), though against perhaps some of the better defenses in the AFC.
Once we get into October, we'll have a better feel for who Buffalo is. They'll start playing much more competent offenses AND they won't be playing some of the league's best defenses either.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

their investment in EDGE guys the last couple of years is paying off

epenesa looks awesome, rousseau’s starting already although he’s not clicked as a pass rusher completely yet but he’s showing signs that I was 100% not sure about grading him (looks like I missed with how skeptical I was on him), and basham playing a ton inside but showing something too

almost similar to the ravens they’ve had a good secondary, an explosive LB group but a lack of pass rush and the investment they’ve put in with their top 2 picks in 2021 and their top pick in 2020 is paying off

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
their investment in EDGE guys the last couple of years is paying off

epenesa looks awesome, rousseau’s starting already although he’s not clicked as a pass rusher completely yet but he’s showing signs that I was 100% not sure about grading him (looks like I missed with how skeptical I was on him), and basham playing a ton inside but showing something too

almost similar to the ravens they’ve had a good secondary, an explosive LB group but a lack of pass rush and the investment they’ve put in with their top 2 picks in 2021 and their top pick in 2020 is paying off
I was never super high on rousseau but I thought you were way too harsh on him lol. I was high on epenesa for sure though

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was never super high on rousseau but I thought you were way too harsh on him lol. I was high on epenesa for sure though

early signs for the bills are really good with rousseau

i just didnt understand where he'd play - like i knew that he'd put on like 30 lbs which helped obviously but had never seen him play with that additional weight and then he massively stunk up his pro day at that weight

so it just seemed to me that he would either be too lanky or too unathletic to be able to be that good

+ i saw him feast on awful OLs in college to get those gaudy sack numbers and so much of it rushing from the inside

but he looks really powerful so far through 2 weeks rushing outside

Epenesa's done the opposite - he's dropped some of that weight he had in college and now he looks explosive and devastating around the edge

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
another guy i thought was a 1st round talent and that's before he even dropped the weight lol

One of my favorites too. He was considered top 10 at one point and I don't understand the freefall but he did and then I hear Patric Queen's name called. Lot of us were hollering for him in the draft threads.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One of my favorites too. He was considered top 10 at one point and I don't understand the freefall but he did and then I hear Patric Queen's name called. Lot of us were hollering for him in the draft threads.

i frequently said in 2020 that i didnt want any of the LBs but if we had to take one, then i'd want patrick queen...

but epenesa was one of the guys i had ahead of him

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Totally random, but I LOVED Webb. I used to call him "My baby mama" lol. Every time he'd do something awesome my wife would scream "THATS YOUR BABY MAMA!!!!". I'd always answer "BABY MAMA DRAMA!"

Well I yelled it a couple times Sunday night. Oweh has now been granted that moniker and I cant wait to hear my wife shout that nonsense for a few years at least ^_^

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor