• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
After watching the first two games I will say that losing Marcus Peters is by far our biggest problem. The D is giving up too many big plays.

not worried about the big plays by the raiders and chiefs necessarily but i think marcus peters is a huge loss on the backend especially with how intelligent and how good of a communicator he is (he and clark were basically co-calling the defence on the field down the stretch last year it seemed)

i think his loss does take away some of our ability to disguise pre-snap and be deceptive more generally from what ive seen so far

the axis of communication we had on the backend last year was amazing and that feels like the biggest loss this year with peters out

not that it's anything major but it does say a lot that wink handed peters the playsheet and let him playcall the defence from the sidelines in preseason in the 2nd half of one game after he came off the field

rossihunter2

Staff Member

we always seem to break the huddle really late - was super surprising the way we rushed to the line to convert on the 4th and 1 - was completely against our MO in terms of pace

would like to see us changeup our offensive pace at times but can't argue against the efficiency with which we move the ball

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not worried about the big plays by the raiders and chiefs necessarily but i think marcus peters is a huge loss on the backend especially with how intelligent and how good of a communicator he is (he and clark were basically co-calling the defence on the field down the stretch last year it seemed)

i think his loss does take away some of our ability to disguise pre-snap and be deceptive more generally from what ive seen so far

the axis of communication we had on the backend last year was amazing and that feels like the biggest loss this year with peters out

not that it's anything major but it does say a lot that wink handed peters the playsheet and let him playcall the defence from the sidelines in preseason in the 2nd half of one game after he came off the field
I heard that and was telling someone but forgot which game it was.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
01504B74-5820-4F3E-82B3-E6863BB3B93C.jpeg

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oweh just earned the AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Hell yea. Good too see him with some early success. Hopefully the next Suggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I really like Owehs personality. He seems really nice and like a cool guy. Also super focused. Would be awesome if he becomes one of the faces of the franchise!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I could be wrong but the bills just arent a SB team to me man.
If Josh Allen who is morphing back into his old ways continues on that trajectory (likely), they're not going to make it. With weapons like he has in Diggs and Beasley, if he can't get the ball to them in space, he takes the Bills back to the stone age.