• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
what will kc do with brown? I doubt he gets the money he wants as an Lt.

I hope chiefs let him walk after this year and he takes a 1 year prove it deal with us. He knows Lamar makes him look good

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s not about finding a LT better, it’s about finding a good enough/suitable LT that they can justify the cap hit for.

with those mahomes/kelce/jones contracts there’s no guarantee they can do it
I mean that's fine, but as Ravens fans know by now, the FA market place for such players is basically shopping for the Villanueva type players.

If it were me, I'd just throw most of your money at offensive players and start over on defense. They're paying good money to guys like Clark, Jones, Mathieu, etc., and they're not getting much to show for it. Easily one of the worst defenses in the league through October.

Plus, similar to how they do other contracts, OBJ's cap hit in 2022 wouldn't probably be that big anyway. Definitely below $15M. Could easily be $10M or less. By the time he gets expensive, guys like Kelce will probably be gone.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I watched some kc game sunday and them
People were killing his ass.. i dnt think he gonna paid what he wants unless he turns it around.
OK, then he'll get paid less than what he wants. If nobody is willing to pay what you ask, you either get paid less, or don't play.
Regardless, I fail to see them acquiring, via the draft or FA, a better or even comparable player.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think there is 0% chance Orlando comes back here as a free agent if KC lets him leave unless Ronnie Stanley retires. It would be otherwise a lateral move for him and would not benefit him.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
what do you think happens to him then? I think he’s too buried down in the depth chart now. He’s WR6 atm
His soft ass gets cut

rossihunter2

Staff Member
what do you think happens to him then? I think he’s too buried down in the depth chart now. He’s WR6 atm

hes mostly playing special teams right now

but he’s not a tight end - we’ll maybe see him run some routes as a big slot (but not seen that yet) but he’s not going to play TE for us

I honestly thought we’d cut him and his injury helped him keep his roster spot - I think nothing happens to him at least until we might need his roster spot...

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
which is basically what he is now already - he's been a gunner since he came back and has played like 8 snaps on offence in the 3 games since he returned... and that's without sammy watkins on the field...
Shit, i looked back and Boykin was a 3rd round pick. What a disappointment.