• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

i didn’t know how much of a scumbag he was until I came across this Twitter post of a timeline of his “scumbaggery.”

it wouldn’t surprise me if the sudden retirement of Sean Taylor’s number was just a PR move with the team being investigated. He probably leaked those emails to draw attention to Gruden as well.

I thought it would be a fun read but it got sad quick and had to stop at 2000

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought it would be a fun read but it got sad quick and had to stop at 2000

i know which part you’re referring to. It’s disgusting and why I believe the Sean tylor retirement was just an “in case of an emergency” tool

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We have talent on defense yet we still suck. we have a decent amount of speed yet everyone looks slow af.
A defense will look slower when it’s always out of position, and of course an attempt at a tackle breaks your stride lol so when we miss a million tackles on one play that ball carrier looks a lot faster than everyone laying on the ground.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ed Reed made an appearance on the beat down podcast today. Made an interesting comment about people always asking him for player advice but no body will hire him as a coach. Seemed odd to me , I wonder what it is about Ed that people don’t want to hire him as some sort of DBs coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simba

Staff Member
Ed Reed made an appearance on the beat down podcast today. Made an interesting comment about people always asking him for player advice but no body will hire him as a coach. Seemed odd to me , I wonder what it is about Ed that people don’t want to hire him as some sort of DBs coach

It’s mostly Ed. He’s gone on record previously saying he doesn’t have interest in being one of the position coaches again. He wants a coordinator role essentially. He can get it, but he’ll have to start in the lower college ranks and work his way up. Just not sure there’s as much desire there as makes it out to be.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s mostly Ed. He’s gone on record previously saying he doesn’t have interest in being one of the position coaches again. He wants a coordinator role essentially. He can get it, but he’ll have to start in the lower college ranks and work his way up. Just not sure there’s as much desire there as makes it out to be.

Ahhh so he feels he should slide right into a prominent role. That’s a tough ask

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Essentially yeah. Wants the glory but not the grind.

I wonder if there is still a bit of animosity between Ed and Harbs from back in 2012s with the issues we had before the run and his eventual release in 2013

Probably because he was a notorious freelancer and his talent cannot be taught, if it could there would be more Ed Reeds.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Joe burrow seeing the ravens show blitz for the 23rd consecutive snap
FB6342CB-6A41-44AF-8C79-66464CE97944.jpeg

I think we need to trade for a swing tackle, doesn't have to be a stud just serviceable and can play guard if needed.

Villanueva has been beat up for a while and Tyre Phillips and Andre Smith are well below replacement level at tackle.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who is everyone pulling for today ? Pitt or Cleveland? Stadium implosion ?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

pulling for Pitt over Cleveland. I don't see the Steelers making the playoffs and would like to see them win enough games where they don't have a high draft pick.

That being said, a stadium implosion sounds enticing.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Where’s Bane when we need him