• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
Regarding Marlon's statistics, they do not tell the whole story, if it is that more incomplete passes caused, but it is the one who threw the most, if we measured it in percentage it would be a better scenario to review.
that's the bad thing about statistics, they can draw a performance only by skewing information and ignoring details.
later when you see the movie you say "what the fuck".
with my little knowledge I think that Young this year is our best cb and for enough marlon and averett have had good and bad

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Lamar is the hardest working QB I've seen in a very long time. Maybe ever. He had one day in camp with Bateman during the preseason before coming down with Covid. When he came back Bateman was out with a groin injury. He's been sick, twice and both have limited reps in practice with Bateman. Other than that, he's still getting decent targets, but will get more as their chemistry progresses. Don't worry about Lamar.
Him not seeing open targets doesnt have all that much to do with chemistry.. this is something that was also going on past seasons. Has more to do with him reading defenses

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Regarding Marlon's statistics, they do not tell the whole story, if it is that more incomplete passes caused, but it is the one who threw the most, if we measured it in percentage it would be a better scenario to review.
that's the bad thing about statistics, they can draw a performance only by skewing information and ignoring details.
later when you see the movie you say "what the fuck".
with my little knowledge I think that Young this year is our best cb and for enough marlon and averett have had good and bad
Read other posts. Rossi posted targets from two different sites. They're not the same, but generally speaking, he's top 10 in the league in targets also, meaning his incompletion rate holds up very well comparatively.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Early in the season Bowser was playing 60% of the snaps. The Bears game he played 83% of the snaps and the Browns game he played all but 3 snaps or 95% of the snaps. He is improving how important he was to sign this past offseason, regardless of losing both Ngata and Judon. I always had him as the most important player of the 3 for us to resign.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Early in the season Bowser was playing 60% of the snaps. The Bears game he played 83% of the snaps and the Browns game he played all but 3 snaps or 95% of the snaps. He is improving how important he was to sign this past offseason, regardless of losing both Yannick Ngakoue and Judon. I always had him as the most important player of the 3 for us to resign.

Ngata? Are you day drinking?

Last edited by a moderator:

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Him not seeing open targets doesnt have all that much to do with chemistry.. this is something that was also going on past seasons. Has more to do with him reading defenses

I mean if a WB sees his first or second read open, then he isn’t going to keep looking to see if there is someone better.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Early in the season Bowser was playing 60% of the snaps. The Bears game he played 83% of the snaps and the Browns game he played all but 3 snaps or 95% of the snaps. He is improving how important he was to sign this past offseason, regardless of losing both Ngakoue and Judon. I always had him as the most important player of the 3 for us to resign.

if this rate of snaps continues then he'll be playing a similar amount to the way Judon was in 2019 (probably his best year as a raven) which is interesting... especially given his highest snap count came against the brows number 1 rushing attack

suggests that they're finally super comfortable with him in base personnel - he was always fine and at times even good but they never seemed to trust him consistently in those situations - if they do then that's fantastic... we've got a high level starter playing 70%+ snaps in a way no one else does in the league (Wink today called him a "weapon nobody else has") and we really got him playing for 5.5m/yr for the next 3 and a bit years hopefully through his prime

Last edited by a moderator:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if this rate of snaps continues then he'll be playing a similar amount to the way Judon was in 2019 (probably his best year as a raven) which is interesting... especially given his highest snap count came against the brows number 1 rushing attack

suggests that they're finally super comfortable with him in base personnel - he was always fine and at times even good but they never seemed to trust him consistently in those situations - if they do then that's fantastic... we've got a high level starter playing 70%+ snaps in a way no one else does in the league (Wink today called him a "weapon nobody else has") and we really got him playing for 5.5m/yr for the next 3 and a bit years hopefully through his prime
isn't he on a 4 year deal?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Antonio Brown suspended 3 games for a forged vaccination card.

It’s sad this doesn’t even crack the top 5 on stupid things he has done. He is only lucky that it is ending at an NFL punishment because forging a government document is something you can get in a LOT of trouble for.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
It’s sad this doesn’t even crack the top 5 on stupid things he has done. He is only lucky that it is ending at an NFL punishment because forging a government document is something you can get in a LOT of trouble for.
Shit im not even mad at him.. maybe he dnt just dont wanna get the shots.. with mental problems, no telling what it might do to his ass lol