• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
There's talking up and then there's acting like he's now a superstar.
This has been it for me. I didn't think Huntley had the most amazing game against the Bears, but I was thrilled for him. He won his first ever start and he just looked so happy and so over the moon to win. It was really feel good and a great story.

After Sunday? People are acting like he's the second coming of 2019 Lamar. They're evaluating the box score and not his actual play. And I get it- a lot of people on these boards are more casual and just watch games without necessarily wanting to get into the nuances, which is totally fine. But it has been insufferable to hear about why he should start over Lamar and why he's gonna fetch a first round pick in the offseason.

Simba

Staff Member
This has been it for me. I didn't think Huntley had the most amazing game against the Bears, but I was thrilled for him. He won his first ever start and he just looked so happy and so over the moon to win. It was really feel good and a great story.

After Sunday? People are acting like he's the second coming of 2019 Lamar. They're evaluating the box score and not his actual play. And I get it- a lot of people on these boards are more casual and just watch games without necessarily wanting to get into the nuances, which is totally fine. But it has been insufferable to hear about why he should start over Lamar and why he's gonna fetch a first round pick in the offseason.

I don't even think the box score is that impressive honestly, outside of the 4 TDs he put up. Take away Andrews bowling over people for 44 yards and Huntley had an average of 6 yards per completion. That's not good.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Not it at all for me. For me, he’s been better than Lamar has been in quite a while and he’s been able to keep drives going and score, largely with even less than Lamar had. Not suggesting at all that he keeps starting, I’m just tired of all the LJ8 lovers who keep being Debbie downers

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don't even think the box score is that impressive honestly, outside of the 4 TDs he put up. Take away Andrews bowling over people for 44 yards and Huntley had an average of 6 yards per completion. That's not good.
That's what I was trying to convey to people- if we take away the 22 yard reception by Andrews, Huntley probably had 35 throws within 10 yards of the LoS. He wasn't pushing the ball downfield, at all. Is some of that the Ravens coaches don't trust him to? Probably. But he's just so limited in his downfield passing and throws outside the numbers.

I would have to imagine the Packers bought into what everyone else is and thought, "This is Lamar-lite. He's going to be aggressive and push the ball down the field a lot."

Not the case at all and as his career progresses, I guarantee he finds less and less cushion than what Green Bay provided.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yet that avg of 6 yards per completion was one of the better ones on sunday

rossihunter2

Staff Member

in which case idk what you want averett to do about it given that he wasnt on adams on that play
and stone was the inside help so nothing he could do on that play

it was robert jackson who screwed up (understandably given that it was like his 2nd snap or something having come off the bench cold) by biting on the inside release and over-playing despite having inside help and outside leverage

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
in which case idk what you want averett to do about it given that he wasnt on adams on that play

it was robert jackson who screwed up (understandably given that it was like his 2nd snap or something having come off the bench cold) by biting on the inside release and over-playing despite having inside help and outside leverage
Yeah I don’t get how anyone is saying shit about anyone other than Jackson lol, that was clear as day, you’re the force-in defender and nothing more, go be a wall in case he tries to go outside

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

It really dnt matter if it was his 1st snap ever. If you got inside help i mean atleast cheat outside a little bit. The worst thing he couldve possibly done was go for the inside fake when help is there lol. Tbh he couldve just stood there and probably made a better play than what he initially did

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It really dnt matter if it was his 1st snap ever. If you got inside help i mean atleast cheat outside a little bit. The worst thing he couldve possibly done was go for the inside fake when help is there lol. Tbh he couldve just stood there and probably made a better play than what he initially did

right but it's not an easy situation to not only come and play your first snaps of the season but to come in and play them at the end of a drive as a replacement for a corner who's gone down and not only that but these snaps are critical redzone snaps and on the last one he's literally got 1 of the top 3 receivers in the league to guard

not saying he did well - just that it's understandable why he fucked up and bit on the inside release - adams is the best at selling his release in the league... literally second to none and he does this to all-pro corners let alone practice squad cast-offs

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The NFL “analysts” out there are really irking me with this idea that the NFL scouts missed on Huntley now. Nothing has changed from the evals coming out of college. They also crucify other QBs for throwing 5 yard passes all game but for some reason they didn’t see it at all with Huntley.

I'm cool with them giving him praise for how he has done stepping in for Lamar and keeping us competitive and stuff, no problem. I do agree that making it seem he is the next superstar is kinda crazy, I mean unless Greg Roman gets a Head Coaching job and he trades for Huntley, I'm not too sure how many teams would actually give him a starting job.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
Adams always makes that play, even with the steelers he did.
Duvernay or proche I do not remember, also, the same threat, it must be from the little book of our coach of wr.
If you or your brother had marked Adams, they would have got their legs tangled

Simba

Staff Member
If you take Andrews from Tyler, take Andrews from Lamar.
if you make the comparison it has to be on equal terms

It's not taking away Andrews. It's taking away the one play all game that inflated the passing yards that had little to do with what Huntley did and then evaluate the numbers. What it says is that there was no downfield passing game whatsoever.