• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Florio is such a fucking clown

dude's been doing a ton of shilling for the agent community since the offseason

they're all somewhat scared of the fact that lamar might be able to, without representation, sign a massive massive QB deal with everything he wants and tons of guarantees without having to give up an agent's fee

so any indicator that he's somehow got something in the negotiation wrong and florio's spouting all sorts of bullshit - like that whole thing about lamar being difficult and being 100% focussed on football was completely misconstrued and taken out of context, likewise this bullshit about his price going down is also bullshit, and this bullshit about the ravens being fine with huntley as a starter is obviously bullshit lol

florio needs to find some self-respect

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

lol i guess voters decided to take the first half of the season for lamar and not the last 4 games...

would be tough to argue anyone else on the ravens deserves to go who wasnt selected
Not sure if I read right, but I think this is the 1st time since 2005 that the Ravens haven't had a defensive player make the Pro Bowl.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

lol i guess voters decided to take the first half of the season for lamar and not the last 4 games...

would be tough to argue anyone else on the ravens deserves to go who wasnt selected

Brace Yourself.

Bill Mafia are coming...

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Not gonna lie - Lamar making it is pretty surprising lol. I would think he had a better chance last year than this

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Brace Yourself.

Bill Mafia are coming...

bengals probably too

burrow probably deserves it

albeit, take recency bias out of it and for the first 9 weeks of the season who did more for their team than lamar jackson - literally carried the ravens to even put them in the position they are right now - despite all the injuries, it has taken us losing him for 2 weeks to finally lose control of the division

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not gonna lie - Lamar making it is pretty surprising lol. I would think he had a better chance last year than this

my guess is that his mvp form through the first 7 weeks or so of the season, the fact that he carried us despite everything falling apart around him and also the fact that we've just lost 2 straight without him probably helped him

also the fact that allen and the bills have also been far from convincing and allen has never really got going in 2021 at all

burrow's probably been somewhat hard done by but the bengals offence has been electric around him also and they've laid a few eggs on their way to their 8 wins too

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Cry

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does making the pro bowl factor into the comp pick formula? I hope Matt Judon’s pro bowl season fetches us a 3rd rounder.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Does making the pro bowl factor into the comp pick formula? I hope Matt Judon’s pro bowl season fetches us a 3rd rounder.

Feel like theres no way we don't get a 3rd with how hes performed.

As for the Allen debate that offense hasn't been good all season long and Burrow would probably be the most deserving of the 3. Lets see how this thing finished out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it would be one of the factors (along with increased snap percentage) that could bump it up to a 3 - it helps that i think the contract itself wasnt too far away from a 3

but the NFL has still never revealed the actual calculation behind the comp picks - OTC has got really good at working out most of it but there's still a few things they get slightly wrong each year

rossihunter2

Staff Member

obviously pro bowl is mostly bullshit but i think this particular fact speaks to the unique challenge that lamar presents to defenders and defensive coordinators in that they often have to adjust their entire gameplan and tendencies to defend against him (and also probably the fact that he's had to lift this team up with often 20ish guys missing each week)

also a fun little note that travis kelce was 2nd in fan voting regardless of position behind only jonathan taylor and yet mark andrews was named the starter in the AFC (showing you the kind of season that opposing coaches and players think andrews is having)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

wait a minute. Is Duvernay the 1st WR the Ravens have drafted that has made the pro bowl?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
wait a minute. Is Duvernay the 1st WR the Ravens have drafted that has made the pro bowl?
He’s a returner and in that case, without doing any research, I would definitely think jermaine Lewis made the pro bowl as a returner at least once, he was a top 2 returner in the league for most of his time in Baltimore with Dante hall being his only competition

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
He’s a returner and in that case, without doing any research, I would definitely think jermaine Lewis made the pro bowl as a returner at least once, he was a top 2 returner in the league for most of his time in Baltimore with Dante hall being his only competition

Yep, Jermaine made the Pro Bowl in '98 and '01; dude was fun to watch when he had the ball in his hands