• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seems like those 50/50 jumpballs are making a lot of QBs jobs easier and Burrow has got Higgins and Chase. As for WRs we really only got Bateman for jumpball ability and I'd like to see Lamar try these a little more. What really pissed me off bout the BenGALS was after the game James Brown calling him January Joe. Da fuck. :mad:
Yea it’s very annoying, he’s not putting up Josh Allen numbers, god damn they better lose to the Rams, I’m tired of this.
Agree Lamar needs to develop that ability more, the one jump ball back shoulder throw to Bateman was in the Browns game and it wasn’t a pass from Lamar

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So how about that Kaeperknick fake news post from this morning, I got duped lol
Okay, so I wasn't the only one who caught that lol. I immediately Googled it this morning just to make sure and nothing was there. Don't know who that individual is who posted that, but hopefully that's the last time we see him/her.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yea it’s very annoying, he’s not putting up Josh Allen numbers, god damn they better lose to the Rams, I’m tired of this.
Agree Lamar needs to develop that ability more, the one jump ball back shoulder throw to Bateman was in the Browns game and it wasn’t a pass from Lamar
Man, it's been awhile since we've seen a fade at the goal line. Hell I'm scared to use it in Madden lol.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Man, it's been awhile since we've seen a fade at the goal line. Hell I'm scared to use it in Madden lol.
Yea I never run fades in Madden near the goal line unless I’m up by like 3 touchdowns lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Reactions: cdp

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not sure they will be better next year. I doubt very much they are as healthy next year as they were this year.

I’m just not sure I see the logic there. It’s like putting it all on black because Cinci cane up red for 18 straight spins so black is due. We all know that’s not how the odds work. I’m sure they’ll get hit with the injury/Flurona bug but no reason to believe it will be significant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I doubt it. Nobody is ever unbeatable. They'll have injuries like other teams do, players won't play at the same level, etc. Happens all the time.
Joe Burrow will make them relevant for many years. They'll no longer be a pushover as long as he's playing. But doesn't come close to guaranteeing them SB appearances or division titles for a decade.

So my original response was in regard to the future Cinci/Ravens match ups.Tough matchup for us , even worse without Marlo or MP. Around the league is a different story.

Again i don’t buy the injury pendulum swinging back their way. Same applies to us, it’s a crap shoot.
If we’re talking about players not maintaining the same level, the other side of that coin is the players who played poorly improve their game or get replaced. I don’t think Cinci had a single Oline member in the top ten for run or pass blocking win rates. That’s a spot they will address in the draft or via free agency and undoubtedly improve. So yea, Chase may not duplicate these results but he certainly won’t have a significant drop off where it cancels out their improvements.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So my original response was in regard to the future Cinci/Ravens match ups.Tough matchup for us , even worse without Marlo or MP. Around the league is a different story.

Again i don’t buy the injury pendulum swinging back their way. Same applies to us, it’s a crap shoot.
If we’re talking about players not maintaining the same level, the other side of that coin is the players who played poorly improve their game or get replaced. I don’t think Cinci had a single Oline member in the top ten for run or pass blocking win rates. That’s a spot they will address in the draft or via free agency and undoubtedly improve. So yea, Chase may not duplicate these results but he certainly won’t have a significant drop off where it cancels out their improvements.
Right, but its more a compilation of a lot of things.
1. They'll almost certainly never be as healthy as they were this year. Few teams ever are. They may not lose 10 starters due to injury, but they'll certainly occur.
2. As they continue to succeed, they'll likely lose more quality players (and coaches) than they will gain. Happens to just about every successful team. Your star players, many of which are dirt cheap for the Bengals right now, are going to command loads and loads of money. They'll have the same prioritization issues everybody else does.
3. They're unlikely to be picking in the top 10 in the draft, which they've done routinely for seemingly decades. Finding quality players gets harder the later you pick in the draft, and that's certainly true of the Bengals, who I wouldn't say have an extensive track record of dominating drafts. They've had some great one's, they've also had a lot of duds in early rounds.
4. I'm not yet convinced their ownership is going to go "all in" and start spending lots of money while Burrow is cheap. They spent more this past offseason than they normally do, but its historically a very stingy franchise. I think they'll prioritize re-signing their own guys (which is smart) in lieu of doing massive upgrades in FA. Which, again, puts the burden of personnel upgrades mostly on draft picks.

Could they be just as good or better, say, next year? Sure. But its the same logic with the Chiefs. After they won a SB a couple years ago, people just began assuming that they'll make 8-10 SBs in the next decade and win a half dozen of them. We already see cracks in the armor.

They'll be "contenders" for many years as long as they have Burrow. That's kind of what franchise QBs do to NFL teams. But that doesn't mean they'll be legit SB threats every year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Right, but its more a compilation of a lot of things.
1. They'll almost certainly never be as healthy as they were this year. Few teams ever are. They may not lose 10 starters due to injury, but they'll certainly occur.
2. As they continue to succeed, they'll likely lose more quality players (and coaches) than they will gain. Happens to just about every successful team. Your star players, many of which are dirt cheap for the Bengals right now, are going to command loads and loads of money. They'll have the same prioritization issues everybody else does.
3. They're unlikely to be picking in the top 10 in the draft, which they've done routinely for seemingly decades. Finding quality players gets harder the later you pick in the draft, and that's certainly true of the Bengals, who I wouldn't say have an extensive track record of dominating drafts. They've had some great one's, they've also had a lot of duds in early rounds.
4. I'm not yet convinced their ownership is going to go "all in" and start spending lots of money while Burrow is cheap. They spent more this past offseason than they normally do, but its historically a very stingy franchise. I think they'll prioritize re-signing their own guys (which is smart) in lieu of doing massive upgrades in FA. Which, again, puts the burden of personnel upgrades mostly on draft picks.

Could they be just as good or better, say, next year? Sure. But its the same logic with the Chiefs. After they won a SB a couple years ago, people just began assuming that they'll make 8-10 SBs in the next decade and win a half dozen of them. We already see cracks in the armor.

They'll be "contenders" for many years as long as they have Burrow. That's kind of what franchise QBs do to NFL teams. But that doesn't mean they'll be legit SB threats every year.

its going to be tough for any of the top AFC QBs to dominate now - because every year they'll have to run the gauntlet of the other top AFC QBs to even get there

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Don't know about January Joe but pretty sure the Joe Cool name had already been used before Flacco.

And the Bengals success means well only get better upgrading the pass defense or way we approach defending it.