• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If only Harbaugh and Roman weren't butt buddies

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Definitely would like him as passing game coordinator
Unfortunately he would never take that. I’ll be so upset if he gets an OC job anywhere else but KC and we’d still have Roman. That would be mind blowing

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unfortunately he would never take that. I’ll be so upset if he gets an OC job anywhere else but KC and we’d still have Roman. That would be mind blowing

You never know. If he gets signed here and Lamar’s passing game improves.. he’s Gon get bunk of the credit. Sounds enticing.
#SIIE

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ya know, harbaugh was rather… open ended in his answer about Roman…

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Honestly Eric B definitely has some question marks as a coordinator outside of KC. I don't think he calls the plays and what KC does on offense isn't something a one man or one coordinator comes up with. It's not just Andy Reid either so ideally if a team hires Eric B and expect to replicate what KC does on offense then they may be setting the bar too high or I could be wrong. So you may get upset over a guy that may end up being a disaster as coordinator outside of KC but I honestly don't think it's wise for The Ravens to change the offensive system that has helped their quarterback become MVP. If anything I would just add new concepts and ideas then keep expanding from their.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Honestly Eric B definitely has some question marks as a coordinator outside of KC. I don't think he calls the plays and what KC does on offense isn't something a one man or one coordinator comes up with. It's not just Andy Reid either so ideally if a team hires Eric B and expect to replicate what KC does on offense then they may be setting the bar too high or I could be wrong. So you may get upset over a guy that may end up being a disaster as coordinator outside of KC but I honestly don't think it's wise for The Ravens to change the offensive system that has helped their quarterback become MVP. If anything I would just add new concepts and ideas then keep expanding from their.
The issue with Roman isn’t about adding ideas and concepts, fundamentally it needs to be reworked from the ground up, the counter to the defense is to crowd the middle, it defeats both the run and the pass game in this offense, and Roman tries to counter that by… also crowding the middle. Until Roman learns how to spread defenses too thin and distribute the ball, his scheme will be easily beaten.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Boujee asses. That’s fucked up. Give ocho a month to get in shape and I bet he could cook half the corners at the pro bowl anyway.

Right, I’m always down to crush endless pancakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simba

Staff Member
And it's reasons like this is why we have a top-notch organization.

And we have to mention that players in this too. For the most part, we identify guys that fit the mindset and culture and that's why they thrive here. For every Earl Thomas that was a complete miss, there are 20 Eric Weddles it feels like. It's not often that we have generally bad people walking though the Castle doors.

Tank

Hall of Famer
And we have to mention that players in this too. For the most part, we identify guys that fit the mindset and culture and that's why they thrive here. For every Earl Thomas that was a complete miss, there are 20 Eric Weddles it feels like. It's not often that we have generally bad people walking though the Castle doors.
We've taken a lot of grief in the past(especially "post RR") for recruiting and signing mostly high character guys, but as a fan you have to have huge respect for Steve Biscotti and the culture he has promoted from top to bottom.

Simba

Staff Member
EDC not gonna be happy looking at his first draft class at this point

Hollywood Brown
Jaylon Ferguson
Miles Boykin
Justice Hill
Ben Powers
Iman Marshall
Daylon Mack
Trace McSorley

He got one really good one in Hollywood. One eh starter in Powers. 3 rotational guys at best in Ferguson, Boykin, and Hill. And the last 3 are complete non factors, although Marshall has been robbed due to injuries.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Hollywood Brown
Jaylon Ferguson
Miles Boykin
Justice Hill
Ben Powers
Iman Marshall
Daylon Mack
Trace McSorley

He got one really good one in Hollywood. One eh starter in Powers. 3 rotational guys at best in Ferguson, Boykin, and Hill. And the last 3 are complete non factors, although Marshall has been robbed due to injuries.
2020 was much better with Queen vastly improving, JK Dobbins, Madubuike and contributors in Duvernay, Proche and Stone. Not sure what is going to happen with Tyre Phillips.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Hollywood Brown
Jaylon Ferguson
Miles Boykin
Justice Hill
Ben Powers
Iman Marshall
Daylon Mack
Trace McSorley

Ain't a ton to like about the 2020 draft class as of now either. Queen played well down the stretch but certainly isn't the three down MLB we were hoping, Dobbins looks very good but obviously got injured, and the rest is just meh. I like Madubuike but he's not an impact player, Duvernay is basically just a kick returner, and we're getting very little out of anybody else.

What I think is notable, even including the 2021 draft, is that in 3 years, DeCosta really hasn't done much on day 3. Ben Powers has probably been the most impactful day 3 pick in the three years of his tenure.

I understand Eric was likely running the draft long before he fully took over the reigns, but we would usually get a pretty good player (or sometimes 2) on day 3 in a lot of previous drafts.

'18 we got Averett, Bozeman, and Elliott. Some later bloomers there, but critical players for us last year for sure
'17 we got Chuck Clark
'16 we got Tavon and Judon
'15 we got ZaDarius and Boyle (and Waller)

In the short span he's been full time GM, feels like we're improving on day 1, but doing worse on day 3, where we have a lot more picks.