• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean... they don't really get to be FAs "when they want to be". I'm sure both would like to be free agents just about every year, so that they can get another max-guaranteed money deal every year. It's just no team really wants that, because there's no cap maneuverability with that.
Pretty much every player wants a new deal once the guaranteed money is gone, because for obvious reasons, they're on year-to-year deals.

I can tell you, for almost certainty, that this will be the last big contract Hill gets, unless he signs an extension with Miami in like the next year or two. Plenty of receivers can play at a high level well into their 30s, but he isn't going to be one of them. I think the false perception is that all of these elite WRs are going to perpetually keep getting large $ deals. That's historically never been the case, and I don't see why these guys are exceptions.

Would also point out that, if you take out the funny money, even the $24M for Hill isn't really a record. Hopkins extension he signed in 2020 with Arizona was at $27.25M AAV for two years.

Wasn't Hopkins essentially a 3 year 57m deal (with an expensive cut if they go for it this year so probably not until next year if he performs at any decent level)? I mean they backloaded a lot of it to 2021 and 2022 but 2020 still was part of it.

I do not know if players really want 1 year deals though. Sure it sounds great when dealing with injury but players seem to want 3-4 year deals to have some insurance and give the market time to reset. There are not exactly a lot of players like Suh or Clowney signing 1 year deals every year because unless you are trying to bet on yourself after a bad year you want the big payday.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lamar arm strength isnt all that neither… def dont have much velocity on the ball… dam near all be floaters…
thats not true lol, Lamar can throw a legit intermediate touch pass and he does it often, that’s all. He also darts missiles when he’s gotta get it quickly through a tight window, and he can launch it with a flick of the wrist, with the deep ball it’s accuracy more than it is arm strength.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Lamar has a strong arm and is actually notorious for often throwing it was harder than he has too. Sometimes it's actually a little harder than it should be for the receiver.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
thats not true lol, Lamar can throw a legit intermediate touch pass and he does it often, that’s all. He also darts missiles when he’s gotta get it quickly through a tight window, and he can launch it with a flick of the wrist, with the deep ball it’s accuracy more than it is arm strength.
Its true.. mans throws be floaters most the time.. yea he can throw the ball deep down field but his short to intermediate throws do in fact have a lot of air on them.. huntley arm strength is probably weak but i remember his throws getting there pretty quickly

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Lamar is funny. Most of the time he's fine. A small amount of the time but consistently he throws a missile unnecessarily . Randomly he puts the ball in the dirt for no reason on a short pass. And his deep ball is either perfect or intercepted lol
Or dropped

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Feels like Lamar over throws the deep ball far more than under

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
3w94akcsti091.jpg