• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar is funny. Most of the time he's fine. A small amount of the time but consistently he throws a missile unnecessarily . Randomly he puts the ball in the dirt for no reason on a short pass. And his deep ball is either perfect or intercepted lol

it shows up more on deep balls where he doesnt put enough air under them at times and drives them and gives his WR less chance at adjusting to the ball and running under it (but it's also why, when he nails a deep ball it's a thing of beauty because a defender has literally no chance at it)

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wasn't Hopkins essentially a 3 year 57m deal (with an expensive cut if they go for it this year so probably not until next year if he performs at any decent level)? I mean they backloaded a lot of it to 2021 and 2022 but 2020 still was part of it.

I do not know if players really want 1 year deals though. Sure it sounds great when dealing with injury but players seem to want 3-4 year deals to have some insurance and give the market time to reset. There are not exactly a lot of players like Suh or Clowney signing 1 year deals every year because unless you are trying to bet on yourself after a bad year you want the big payday.
1. I'm not suggesting they want one year deals. But they want deals that make them FA right after their guaranteed money is gone, i.e. they want fully guaranteed contracts.
Adams is getting up there in age so I doubt it's really a concern for him at this point, but for Hill, his guaranteed money at the moment is only through 2023, and yet he'll have three years left on his deal after that. I think Hill would absolutely love to be a UFA at age 30 to get one more payday, but he won't be unless the Dolphins allow him to be.
2. Hopkins latest extension from 2020 was for 2 years at $54.5M, with most of it guaranteed.
He was already playing on a 5 year deal that he signed in 2017, so he still had two years left on that.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Check this guy out.

So that's obviously impressive, however, it's pretty clear from his mechanics that he's a dominant righty (at least throwing), and his left handed throws are far less natural.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
it shows up more on deep balls where he doesnt put enough air under them at times and drives them and gives his WR less chance at adjusting to the ball and running under it (but it's also why, when he nails a deep ball it's a thing of beauty because a defender has literally no chance at it)
Exactly

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
For all of you who know me as very young- I can now legally drink a beer!
Happy birthday!

no-cops-anything-legal.gif

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
083FA6B9-5029-46C9-84BF-6248E4FCA496.jpeg

Bruh.. this gotta be a smoke screen right? Ain’t no way..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 3803

Bruh.. this gotta be a smoke screen right? Ain’t no way..

charm's wearing off - the staff there is a mess in terms of titles and roles
and they've got a tiny staff to begin with

feels like a recipe for disaster... they've got a 2nd year QB with a bunch of new offensive pieces around him and there's no one in that offensive staff with any QB coach experience or coordinator experience to help him along

that said - hard to imagine any serious genuine concerns about how the offence is being run so far given that OTAs havent even started yet...

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Proche is one of those weirdos that changing his number to 3 may actually have an on field impact lol. That guy is a little crazy and loves football so vocally. Really pulling for him

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Proche is one of those weirdos that changing his number to 3 may actually have an on field impact lol. That guy is a little crazy and loves football so vocally. Really pulling for him

Same. He such a hard worker, gotta pull for a guy like that. Let’s hope he actually wins the slot role and we give him looks.