• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea but rodgers and brady been in lg 20yrs.. they basically have perfected their craft or are already as good as theyre gonna get… i dnt care that lamar missed otas at all but i think a better comparison would be allen or hebert
Its situational. I could argue Rodgers needs OTAs right now a lot more than Lamar does. Rodgers has basically a new whole receiving core that he's never thrown to before. I'd be focused on that.
Voluntary OTAs in May probably isn't the place I would pick to fine tune personal skills. Its a group practice. It's designed that way.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Its situational. I could argue Rodgers needs OTAs right now a lot more than Lamar does. Rodgers has basically a new whole receiving core that he's never thrown to before. I'd be focused on that.
Voluntary OTAs in May probably isn't the place I would pick to fine tune personal skills. Its a group practice. It's designed that way.
Ok

Last edited:

Old Bay

Veteran

"... Orlando Brown Jr. wants to become the highest paid left tackle in the NFL, according to a league source.
... it’s obvious $25 million per season and higher will be in the conversation. And $50 million in guarantees won’t seem outrageous.
So a four-year, $100 million or five-year, $125 million deal could be the floor of what the Brown camp might eventually agree to."

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

"... Orlando Brown Jr. wants to become the highest paid left tackle in the NFL, according to a league source.
... it’s obvious $25 million per season and higher will be in the conversation. And $50 million in guarantees won’t seem outrageous.
So a four-year, $100 million or five-year, $125 million deal could be the floor of what the Brown camp might eventually agree to."
Dam can they afford that?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I mean I don't know this is surprising. Trent Williams and Bakhtiari are at $23M AAV, Tunsil is at $22M. He's in that class of player.
Actually think $50M in guarantees is a little low. It should be more in the range of $60-65M probably.
Stanley and Bakhtiari both got north of $60M in guarantees.
I would say 5 for 125 with probably $65-70M in guarantees sounds about right.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean I don't know this is surprising. Trent Williams and Bakhtiari are at $23M AAV, Tunsil is at $22M. He's in that class of player.
Actually think $50M in guarantees is a little low. It should be more in the range of $60-65M probably.
Stanley and Bakhtiari both got north of $60M in guarantees.
I would say 5 for 125 with probably $65-70M in guarantees sounds about right.
Idk that he’s in that tier tbh

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk that he’s in that tier tbh
I mean does it really matter? I don't think Lamar is in Mahomes tier, but he's going to get paid like it.
The point was he's a high-end LT at a position that has recently been hard to find in the draft, and he's going to be a FA when the money is high.
When you're signing to that kind of money, haggling over like $1-2M in AAV and maybe $10M in guaranteed money, over multi-years, is a waste of time for the franchise. Either you value him highly or you don't.
They traded away Tyreek and don't have that much expensive talent on their roster that is young.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean does it really matter? I don't think Lamar is in Mahomes tier, but he's going to get paid like it.
The point was he's a high-end LT at a position that has recently been hard to find in the draft, and he's going to be a FA when the money is high.
When you're signing to that kind of money, haggling over like $1-2M in AAV and maybe $10M in guaranteed money, over multi-years, is a waste of time for the franchise. Either you value him highly or you don't.
They traded away Tyreek and don't have that much expensive talent on their roster that is young.
Fair enough