• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
From all other social media’s (espically twitter) I think ravens fans are undoubtedly turning into one of the most obnoxious and unintelligent fan bases. The amount of trade lamar things I’ve seen makes me sick

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
From all other social media’s (espically twitter) I think ravens fans are undoubtedly turning into one of the most obnoxious and unintelligent fan bases. The amount of trade lamar things I’ve seen makes me sick
Honestly, I don't even bother. This is the only platform where I discuss our team with fellow Ravens fans.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not even close. We are too small of a market to have the most obnoxious and unintelligent fans.

Social media has spurned off unintelligent and obnoxious fans across every team and those are the ones that speak the loudest.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I've seen it the other way too. Too many of these accounts just simp for Lamar. Like, I love him too, but I don't need to hear about it every fucking day.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
not even close. We are too small of a market to have the most obnoxious and unintelligent fans.

Social media has spurned off unintelligent and obnoxious fans across every team and those are the ones that speak the loudest.
I just like gate keeping.. being a ravens fan meant way more when it was 2015 and our only wearable jersey was tucker. I recall as a kid, every year the team who won the Super Bowl, 20 other kids would suddenly be a fan of the giants packers or pats cuz “they had family from there” - but when flacco won it, no one cared lol

I agree we aren’t there yet but if we win a Super Bowl, this could pretty insufferable lol

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I've seen it the other way too. Too many of these accounts just simp for Lamar. Like, I love him too, but I don't need to hear about it every fucking day.
That’s a big problem of mine too. We always complain about much hate he gets which is obviously unjustified, but I also totally understand the logical that you need to win and dominate in the playoffs more. I personally do think burrow Allen and mahomes are light years ahead of Lamar, but that doesn’t mean Lamar can’t do it. I just have to see him do it ya know.

*with this it’s important to note my massively strong bias against making it to the afc championship game, I think winning in the playoffs is so important

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just like gate keeping.. being a ravens fan meant way more when it was 2015 and our only wearable jersey was tucker. I recall as a kid, every year the team who won the Super Bowl, 20 other kids would suddenly be a fan of the giants packers or pats cuz “they had family from there” - but when flacco won it, no one cared lol

I agree we aren’t there yet but if we win a Super Bowl, this could pretty insufferable lol
I don't pay attention to social media fans outside of following some people on twitter, RSR and coming here. Have to say I find myself visiting RSR less and less though. It's becoming as bad as reddit was the last time I visited that site, which was probably pre covid.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't pay attention to social media fans outside of following some people on twitter, RSR and coming here. Have to say I find myself visiting RSR less and less though. It's becoming as bad as reddit was the last time I visited that site, which was probably pre covid.
True, Twitter is a tough time

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't know if anyone recalls this, but a while ago the Ravens had a video and you could see a prominant photo in the building of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Josh Bynes (???) huddled together. I always recall wondering why they had it, but last night I found the picture in an old video.
IMG_7085.PNG

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Funny reminder, everytime the Ravens have been in the superbowl, they scored a kickoff return for a Td in the Super Bowl.
They also scored 34 points both games.

Dev Duv, step it up buddy

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I don't know if anyone recalls this, but a while ago the Ravens had a video and you could see a prominant photo in the building of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Josh Bynes (???) huddled together. I always recall wondering why they had it, but last night I found the picture in an old video. View attachment 3809
That's actually Dannell Ellerbe in the phone not Josh Bynes. Bynes was part of the team though back then

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I don't know if anyone recalls this, but a while ago the Ravens had a video and you could see a prominant photo in the building of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Josh Bynes (???) huddled together. I always recall wondering why they had it, but last night I found the picture in an old video. View attachment 3809
That's Ellerbe. They probably have the picture because of the role they all played in the Super Bowl run.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

all the ogres who were on the "Huntley should be QB1" train are crawling back out of their swamps and spreading their stench
I'm 99% sure I've mentioned how annoying Ravens fans have become on social media.

Remember when the Ravens were getting railed for trading Brown? Reports are he's looking to become highest paid LT. Yup... I'm very happy with Oweh and best of luck Orlando.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm 99% sure I've mentioned how annoying Ravens fans have become on social media.

Remember when the Ravens were getting railed for trading Brown? Reports are he's looking to become highest paid LT. Yup... I'm very happy with Oweh and best of luck Orlando.
It's all context though. 0% of Ravens fans think the Ravens have won that trade SO FAR, because Stanley didn't play last year, our Tackle play was a joke, and Oweh was just a rookie who was good but unspectacular.
So people that are evaluating that trade NOW would say the Chiefs obviously won it, which is correct.
Whether that holds up for the next 3-5 years, or not, remains to be seen. That's why ignoring people on social media is so great. People just want to be right NOW, because nobody will call them out for being wrong later.