• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Today, October 6th is my birthday! 57 years young.

All I want for my birthday is for the Ravens to beat the bengals in PRIMETIME (with the whole NFL world watching) and for them to LOOK GOOD (play dominant) doing it for an entire 4 quarters. Now THAT'S a perfect birthday gift.

GO RAVENS!

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

All I want for my birthday is for the Ravens to beat the bengals in PRIMETIME (with the whole NFL world watching) and for them to LOOK GOOD (play dominant) doing it for an entire 4 quarters. Now THAT'S a perfect birthday gift.

GO RAVENS!

Happy birthday Ravens brotha!!

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
One of my all time favorites since I was a believer from day 1.
This is one of the few, alongside Marlon Humphrey, I can gladly hang my hat on. He was the only player I wanted the Ravens to draft in 2011. I wanted him as soon as the Ravens lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs. He was my draft crush turned favorite Raven.

I wonder if the Ravens would have drafted him today considering he had a kind of streaky past. It obviously (largely) turned around during his time as a Raven, so I'm thankful, but I still wonder.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

GO RAVENS!
It's a birthday wish not DragonBall. You're asking for too much.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

GO RAVENS!
happy birthday, Mili. May your birthday present come true

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Stephen A on first take said the Baltimore Ravens defense is "total garbage", "awful", "a complete disgrace", and "an embarrassement to Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ozzie Newsom, and Rex Ryann".

He then went on to say this will cause us to lose the division to Cincy. I don't listen to the idiot talking on heads on TV and pretend like what they're saying is smart. It's just kind of a sad state in Ravens history where the defense is bad enough that the exaggerators say the stuff above.

We've gotta find a way to pull it together and maximize Lamar's prime while it lasts.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Stephen A on first take said the Baltimore Ravens defense is "total garbage", "awful", "a complete disgrace", and "an embarrassement to Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ozzie Newsom, and Rex Ryann".

He then went on to say this will cause us to lose the division to Cincy. I don't listen to the idiot talking on heads on TV and pretend like what they're saying is smart. It's just kind of a sad state in Ravens history where the defense is bad enough that the exaggerators say the stuff above.

We've gotta find a way to pull it together and maximize Lamar's prime while it lasts.
By any stretch the D is far from being the worst we’ve had. Add in the tilt of the rules to the offense and injuries. And Stephen A is a clueless ahole anyway. lol

Tank

Hall of Famer

GO RAVENS!
Have a good one Mili! All the best!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
By any stretch the D is far from being the worst we’ve had. Add in the tilt of the rules to the offense and injuries. And Stephen A is a clueless ahole anyway. lol
When do you think the last time it's was this bad? Ignore 2021. But yeah Stephen A is so annoying

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

GO RAVENS!
Ayyyy happy birthday my guy!

Tank

Hall of Famer
When do you think the last time it's was this bad? Ignore 2021. But yeah Stephen A is so annoying.

Off and on we had some terrible periods, even in 2012. 2013, 2015 we’re both all around pretty bad.

IMO the D isn’t as bad as some make it out to be and I think when they get some pieces back on the field it will be an excellent unit. There’s so much talent in the secondary and once they’ve played together for a while they will be lights out. Gotta hope the injury bug goes away.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Really don’t think the defense has been that bad. If your looking at DVOA they are middle of the pack. Even points they are not far off from the NFL average. Not saying this unit is anything special but the defensive struggles are exaggerated IMO.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Really don’t think the defense has been that bad. If your looking at DVOA they are middle of the pack. Even points they are not far off from the NFL average. Not saying this unit is anything special but the defensive struggles are exaggerated IMO.
I mean I agree they're definitely exaggerated. But they are bad. They give up yards just so easily. Their success has largely come from turnover plays, which while great are largely unpredictable and not a stable thing.