• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm not interested in paying big money for a RB when we have other glaring needs.

Phillip Lindsay, the Broncos starting RB went UNDRAFTED and is playing extremely well. Between what Conner has done, what Lindsay is doing in Denver, this should be a warning to anyone who wants to cave into Bell's demands in March.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Phillip Lindsay, the Broncos starting RB went UNDRAFTED and is playing extremely well. Between what Conner has done, what Lindsay is doing in Denver, this should be a warning to anyone who wants to cave into Bell's demands in March.

this is not me advocating for bell but...

just because those guys were got there doesnt mean that you can just bring in any rb - yes its a position that is consistently cheaper and deeper in the draft than others but it's still difficult to find one as multiple teams (including the ravens in recent years it seems) can testify

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Mike McCarthy who could only win one Super Bowl with Rodgers, and for as bad as the Packers have been this season. If even after the fact he was fired after losing to a two win team, is STILL drawing heavy interest among other teams(Browns will pony up the most money unless Mike McCarthy gives John Dorsey a Buddy Discount), you guys really think Harbaugh wouldn't draw as much or even more suitors if we were to fire him?
McCarthy isn't as bad as most of you think. Theres a good SI article on it. This season he added new concepts to his playbook. When you don't go after high profile FAs you better be drafting at a high level. But the Packers missed on a one draft as bad as our 2013/2015 draft. Andy Benoit broke down a play where McCarthys playdesign would've worked but Rodgers was basically free lancing or misread the play. On this exact play Rodgers got a pass and McCarthy all the blame. In my eyes its 60% Mccarthy 40% Rodgers.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
McCarthy isn't as bad as most of you think. Theres a good SI article on it. This season he added new concepts to his playbook. When you don't go after high profile FAs you better be drafting at a high level. But the Packers missed on a one draft as bad as our 2013/2015 draft. Andy Benoit broke down a play where McCarthys playdesign would've worked but Rodgers was basically free lancing or misread the play. On this exact play Rodgers got a pass and McCarthy all the blame. In my eyes its 60% Mccarthy 40% Rodgers.
I view McCarthy more as a coordinator than a HC, but that's just me.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve never like McCarthy as a coach, this isn’t the first year I’ve expressed that. Although Rodgers has played like shit this season compared to what he usually looks like so it’s definitely not ALL on mm. I’ve also always thought Rodgers is a tad overrated but whatevs.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Lindsay said it was between us and the Broncos... damn...

As far as Bell, I think he should try and get to Indy. I've thought for a while that would be a great fit for both parties and definitely help Luck's game. A three to four year deal and they have the cap. Don't think they have any big deals coming up either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

As far as Bell, I think he should try and get to Indy. I've thought for a while that would be a great fit for both parties and definitely help Luck's game. A three to four year deal and they have the cap. Don't think they have any big deals coming up either.
And it was his parents that wanted him to stay in Denver....close to his family.

I’ve never like McCarthy as a coach, this isn’t the first year I’ve expressed that. Although Rodgers has played like shit this season compared to what he usually looks like so it’s definitely not ALL on mm. I’ve also always thought Rodgers is a tad overrated but whatevs.

Your right. Rodgers folds in Big games and when trailing by 3 to 7 points in the 4th qtr he rarely wins. Oh well I'm glad I made the decision to not watch anymore Packer games this season. I'll watch the Bucks who are off to a 15-7 start.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

And it was his parents that wanted him to stay in Denver....close to his family.
Yeah I was just gonna say, his parents wanted him to stay with the hometeam. In that case, I can't blame him/be mad at him for that. Besides, I want to thank him for his stupidity against our defense in week 3.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Id be so scared of that.. i hate pitt when it comes to betting.. way too inconsistent
Me too, they have a tendency to overlook the lesser teams and shock me with some of their loses. However, they seem to buckle up in the month of December, especially after coming off a loss. I wouldn’t bet they lose this week.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Your right. Rodgers folds in Big games and when trailing by 3 to 7 points in the 4th qtr he rarely wins. Oh well I'm glad I made the decision to not watch anymore Packer games this season. I'll watch the Bucks who are off to a 15-7 start.

You should never give up on your team.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Damn ice bowl I thought you were better than that...

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bucks are looking pretty damn good

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I have not been this excited for a game in a while. I have been very anxious for games, but I as a Ravens fan I am feeding off the excitement Lamar Jackson has brought. I was dreading playing the Chiefs a few weeks ago but not now. I am not saying I am cocky about a win in Arrowhead, but I feel we could certainly win this tough game. Can't wait!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
After squeaking out a close game with the Raiders, I bet those Chiefs fans are feeling a little more anxious about this game with the Chargers breathing down their necks.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
After squeaking out a close game with the Raiders, I bet those Chiefs fans are feeling a little more anxious about this game with the Chargers breathing down their necks.
It would be funny if we went 3-1 and lost to LAC and LAC went 3-1 then there’s a legit chance for a shakeup of both division leaders.

I will still always be a Packer fan but I need to not watch Sunday. It would be better that way and then I'll check the final score later in the day.