• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Also no one really noticed tony Jefferson being gone huh. I like chuck a lot (not as a starter but a Levine type of like) My biggest knock on tony is I don’t think he scares anyone I’ve never seen him lower the boom
I still think Jefferson isn’t used properly for his talent, but I agree with you re Clark. Another nice 6th round draft pick.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I was reading the Chiefs forums and there are some big time players that have connections of some sort for us to them
Crabtree has apparently been destroying them for a few years (last year he had that 5th down with 0:00 left in the fourth td If I remember right)
Eric Weddle has been picking them off for years and destroying them
Brandon Carr almost never plays them but they get the return of their old corner.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I was reading the Chiefs forums and there are some big time players that have connections of some sort for us to them
Crabtree has apparently been destroying them for a few years (last year he had that 5th down with 0:00 left in the fourth td If I remember right)
Eric Weddle has been picking them off for years and destroying them
Brandon Carr almost never plays them but they get the return of their old corner.
Just curious, are they confident of a win or are some fans nervous?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not sure if this was mentioned, but Joe Cullen interviewed at U Mass a couple days ago. I’ve wanted a new DL coach since last season, so this could be a good thing if he gets this job.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Not sure if this was mentioned, but Joe Cullen interviewed at U Mass a couple days ago. I’ve wanted a new DL coach since last season, so this could be a good thing if he gets this job.
Agree. I was pretty disappointed since his first year. Huge drop off from late coach Brooks.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Lure the Bama D-Line coach to Baltimore. In exchange Ozzie is in charge of their recruiting.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As someone too young to watch him, what can you guys tell me about Mark Clayton

I mean the one we had btw
Sigh... injuries.

At one point, very young in his career, he led the ravens in 100 yard games. He was a big play machine, he had a lot of speed, could run some solid routes, he was short in height long in the limbs and could make some big catches downfield.

On the other hand, he was consistently injured and dropped his fair share of balls that he absolutely should’ve caught, seemed to be big games/moments when he would drop them. The injuries took a toll and sapped him of his speed, where he began to look less and less like the deep threat he had once been, he got traded to the rams where he went absolutely apeshit and legitimately looked like one of the best WRs in the league for a month with a young Sam Bradford, and then a torn acl(I think, something severe) just kinda ended his career there.

Clayton is one of the more disappointing ravens players ever, more so than perriman because perriman was expected, Clayton gave us reason to expect a really high end playmaker early on and then he just fell apart

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
My biggest issue about Mark Clayton is all about hindsight. We drafted him with Aaron Rodgers still on the board. Granted, we had Boller at QB and the Packers only had Favre, so it's easy to see that they needed him more. :brickwall:

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
You mean Favre who retired every offseason for a decade?

I know we know now that he would play far longer, but st the time it seemed like any year could be Farvre's last.