• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
so in the coming weeks our destiny is still in our hands because we hold all the tiebreakers in the AFC wildcard

but we have an easily losable game in the chargers - assuming we might need some margin for error here are the teams we need to support:

Week 15:
Giants (over Titans)
Vikings (over Dolphins)
Cowboys (over Colts)
Patriots (over Steelers)

Week 16:
Redskins (over Titans albeit this is not really a realistic rooting interest lol given their qb situation)
Giants (over Colts)
Jaguars (over Dolphins)
Saints (over Steelers)

Week 17:
Bills (over Dolphins)
Colts or Titans (over Titans or Colts - completely depends on what happens in week 15/16)
Bengals (over Steelers)

in actual fact given the schedules i genuinely think our best chance of getting into the playoffs is as division winner rather than wildcard - although that's still a possibility too (fun byproduct of winning the division is that it would likely knock the steelers completely out of the playoffs altogether)

Best thing I’ve heard all day

rossihunter2

Staff Member
im gonna put this here because i think the way this play is structured shows the kind of things that good OCs do that our OCs (including Kubiak) have never done

creative playcalling that manipulates defences to create mismatches

to rub salt into the wound this is the Browns

Freddie Kitchens has been a miracle worker since taking over as OC - 44 years old, never been an OC at any level, been a coach for 19 years but not once did anyone decide he might be able to take over playcalling

as a replacement playcaller without being able to install his scheme from day 1 he comes up with stuff like this...

and we've got Marty...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You can insult my Ravens all you want steelers fans.. .But insult my boy Justin Tucker.. I fucking dare you. He is the best kicker in the NFL.

I am willing to fight someone over this

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You can insult my Ravens all you want steelers fans.. .But insult my boy Justin Tucker.. I fucking dare you. He is the best kicker in the NFL.

I am willing to fight someone over this
I know a Steelers fan who constantly makes fun of us for wearing a kickers jersey. I just say you don’t know how it feels to have 2 of the top 5 kickers all time in your franchises history

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
im gonna put this here because i think the way this play is structured shows the kind of things that good OCs do that our OCs (including Kubiak) have never done

creative playcalling that manipulates defences to create mismatches

to rub salt into the wound this is the Browns

Freddie Kitchens has been a miracle worker since taking over as OC - 44 years old, never been an OC at any level, been a coach for 19 years but not once did anyone decide he might be able to take over playcalling

as a replacement playcaller without being able to install his scheme from day 1 he comes up with stuff like this...

and we've got Marty...

giphy.gif

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Actually...funny you mention that cause i had a dream a month or 2 ago that i was Ironman stranded in a small ship deep in space and how does the new avengers trailer begin...lol iwas like wtf
Can you just dream the ravens winning the super bowl already damn

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
So originally I thought that flacco had developed a connection with Andrews when hurst was injured so lamar and hurst would connected themselves ( preseason tds, even vs panthers)
But it’s already looking awful for hurst and it’s not like he’s a young guy.. other wise the draft class was great but it could have been legendary

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So originally I thought that flacco had developed a connection with Andrews when hurst was injured so lamar and hurst would connected themselves ( preseason tds, even vs panthers)
But it’s already looking awful for hurst and it’s not like he’s a young guy.. other wise the draft class was great but it could have been legendary
I do believe Hurst is going to be a very good TE, we just need the right OC to be able to use both our rookie TEs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
earlier we were discussing the need for Derwin James and how we shouldn't have passed on him. No one is arguing the value of Derwin James vs. Hayden Hurst. However part of the thought that goes into this is that Andrews would have the TE and we wouldn't have needed Hurst.

Trading the 16 Pick twice allowed us to to parlay picks on multiple occasions. These trades subsequently yielded us the following players.

Hayden Hurst
Mark Andrews
Kenny Young
Jordan Lasley
Bradley Bozeman

Chances are less likely we trade up for Lamar Jackson without trading back and acquiring multiple picks.

Yes, Hurst vs. James is obvious who is the better player, but James vs. Jackson, Hurst, Andrews, Young, Lasley and Bozeman, I'd probably do it all over again.