• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
There's a case to be made that the Browns could have and probably should have won the AFC North. They will be a problem next year and I was thinking this before the Hunt signing. That back field is an OL's dream.
Same.. they have no where to go but up.. theyre experience away from competing

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd cream my pants if we got Bell. I don't care what anyone says. Our rushing attack would be amazing, especially if we solidify the offensive line via the draft. He'd be so beneficial to Lamar.
We'll get Bell if you promise you will do no such thing my friend.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
This Kareem Hunt signing by the Browns scares the crap out of me. Between Hunt, Mixon, etc. we better sign Pierce to a long term deal now and hope that Henry comes back better than ever. We need to beef up our D-line even more and we absolutely need to sign Mosley to a long term deal. Otherwise we'll get carved up by our division opponents and the Browns are looking downright dangerous.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This Kareem Hunt signing by the Browns scares the crap out of me. Between Hunt, Mixon, etc. we better sign Pierce to a long term deal now and hope that Henry comes back better than ever. We need to beef up our D-line even more and we absolutely need to sign Mosley to a long term deal. Otherwise we'll get carved up by our division opponents and the Browns are looking downright dangerous.
AMEN!!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Maybe we should target Zach Allen in the first... that would be a nice move to shutting this browns run game the fuck down

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
It’s a one year prove it deal and may not be there following 2019, which won’t even be a full season due to the looming suspension. Currently he’s on Goodell’s exempt list.
Even if he never plays in nfl again, browns are looking really good. Soon as they drafted baker they instantly became a better football team. Many here didnt even wanna give them credit at first

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Even if he never plays in nfl again, browns are looking really good. Soon as they drafted baker they instantly became a better football team. Many here didnt even wanna give them credit at first
They certainly have talent and Kitcher was a good OC for them the second half of the season. What is yet to be seen is if he can be a good head coach and I have my doubts.

I knew that had their guy in baker due to all the film I watched of him. He and Rosen were my top two. Btw, LJ was number 3

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Shidddd not me. I said before the draft that I hope like hell they take darnold over Baker because baker would be the biggest possible thorn in our side for the next decade.

I genuinely think the ravens/browns of the early 2020s could end up just a notch below the ravens/Steelers rivalry of the late 2000s/early teens

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Shidddd not me. I said before the draft that I hope like hell they take darnold over Baker because baker would be the biggest possible thorn in our side for the next decade.

I genuinely think the ravens/browns of the early 2020s could end up just a notch below the ravens/Steelers rivalry of the late 2000s/early teens
Ravens Steelers goes a long way back. It’s going to take a long time to get close to it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

if it really does go the way we hope then it'd be a crazy compelling matchup twice a year - 2 guys drafted in the 1st round of the same draft jousting year after year at least twice a year - the steelers ravens rivalry is and always will be something special but it never had that kind of juice at qb...

there was always a little something in the falcons ravens games despite literally no animosity between the fanbases mostly because of flacco vs ryan being drafted together

baker and lamar going 1 and 32 of the same draft and being in the same division is crazy cool storyline material if they both pan out long term

what's even crazier is that the same draft might also give us another division rivalry at qb - the jets and bills with darnold and allen at 3 and 7 get to go head to head twice a year as well

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
if it really does go the way we hope then it'd be a crazy compelling matchup twice a year - 2 guys drafted in the 1st round of the same draft jousting year after year at least twice a year - the steelers ravens rivalry is and always will be something special but it never had that kind of juice at qb...

there was always a little something in the falcons ravens games despite literally no animosity between the fanbases mostly because of flacco vs ryan being drafted together

baker and lamar going 1 and 32 of the same draft and being in the same division is crazy cool storyline material if they both pan out long term

what's even crazier is that the same draft might also give us another division rivalry at qb - the jets and bills with darnold and allen at 3 and 7 get to go head to head twice a year as well
I always wanted a little more for us to beat the falcons because of that... I actually wanted the falcons to beat the niners in that nfc championship, because I thought flacco vs Ryan was a way better matchup/story/decider than the harbowl